Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures!

XTreme

We live in desperate times. None of us have ever seen a situation like this in our lifetime.

People are on edge.......and the only outlets for peoples' anger and frustration are on Forums and Social Media.

It's a bomb waiting to go off......it needs a certain type of individual to keep control and ensure mass panic doesn't break out. As an example, [mention]S-Westerly[/mention] has admitted that "I'm already climbing the walls". It seems a strange time to take up mountaineering to me.......but what do I know?

It's a key indicator that [mention]Stu[/mention] needs someone he can depend on to keep this place running smoothly.......the last thing we need is a Spontaneous Mass Flounce! [mention]rennie[/mention] already has his hands full with reminding everybody what time of day it is.....in between consuming copious amounts of cheap alcoholic beverages and bloated Elvis impersonations. As for Hoggs, she went shopping years ago and never returned, and Tango has long since stepped down.

So.....do you think you're up to the daunting task of the Mod gig in this time of crisis? I know a man who is! More on that later!

In case you're not sure of what this entails......here's a list of requirements that I published years ago on another forum. Have a read through and see if you could handle it!

Foster a sense of community, caring and responsiveness on the forum. This can be done easily by getting involved in discussions, and then abusing your power by calling members f*cking thick c*nts. If they voice any objection then ban them.

You do not have to reply to every post....but some jackasses expect it. If they complain then ban them.

Monitor your forum for abusive posts, unauthorized spam or advertisements, copyright infringements, any any sort of harrassment. If there aren't any, then post some! If members point it out then ban them.

Participate in the private Forum Moderator's forum. This is the place to have a laugh with the other Mods about the sad twats that you've banned!

Ensure that you act with total bias at all times. If one of your mates steps over the line just ignore it. Obviously if somebody else points this out, or steps over the line themselves, you just ban them.

Should there be a forum trail of you acting unscrupulously or perhaps setting up a member for the purposes of banning them, be sure to delete it immediately. That way the banned person will be clearly shown to be responsible.

If a topic isn't going the way you want......then lock it! You can re-open at any time if you want to make more posts yourself......then quickly close it again. If somebody then starts another thread about the situation then delete it and ban them. Ensure that whatever you do that you leave no trace of your activities. Just highlight the transgressions of the people you don't like, so you can turn the rest of the forum against them.

If a member reports a post because they consider it unacceptable......first check to see if it's one of your mates. If it is, then ban the snivelling f*cker that reported it......for being a snivelling f*cker. If it's not one of your mates, then ban the person who posted it.......and ban the snivelling f*cker who reported it for making work for you.

Keep a close eye on anybody sucking up to the Admin.......they obviously have their eyes on your Mod gig. Therefore you need to monitor their activities and make their life as difficult as possible. The idea is to make them flounce......but if that can't be achieved then just find a reason to ban them.

Technical knowledge is not needed......you can quite happily f*ck up all aspects of the software and just leave it to Admin to sort out. The more you can keep him tied up, the more freedom you'll have to do whatever you feel like on the board.

Be aware that your efforts will go unnoticed and you won't get any thanks.......particularly from those you banned! But it's a great Power Trip nonetheless.

There's only one man for the job! He's been the backbone of this place for many years! The man who has more forum likes than anybody.

2064095022_Annotation2020-04-02101850.jpg.e4353705f54db6531162e82771a5004d.jpg

In my opinion......the People have spoken! Come on down [mention]Six30[/mention]!

giphy.gif

I know......you're overwhelmed Stu!

Should we take that as a "yes" then?

I think maybe we should take this as "this is how I f*cked my forums up by banning everyone"

:lol:

giphy.gif

I know......you're overwhelmed Stu!

Should we take that as a "yes" then?

I think maybe we should take this as "this is how I f*cked my forums up by banning everyone"

:lol:

Actually I did very few bans........because there were so few rules in place to actually break! :lol:

We live in desperate times. None of us have ever seen a situation like this in our lifetime.

People are on edge.......and the only outlets for peoples' anger and frustration are on Forums and Social Media.

It's a bomb waiting to go off......it needs a certain type of individual to keep control and ensure mass panic doesn't break out. As an example, @S-Westerly has admitted that "I'm already climbing the walls". It seems a strange time to take up mountaineering to me.......but what do I know?

It's a key indicator that @Stu needs someone he can depend on to keep this place running smoothly.......the last thing we need is a Spontaneous Mass Flounce! @rennie already has his hands full with reminding everybody what time of day it is.....in between consuming copious amounts of cheap alcoholic beverages and bloated Elvis impersonations. As for Hoggs, she went shopping years ago and never returned, and Tango has long since stepped down.

So.....do you think you're up to the daunting task of the Mod gig in this time of crisis? I know a man who is! More on that later!

In case you're not sure of what this entails......here's a list of requirements that I published years ago on another forum. Have a read through and see if you could handle it!

Foster a sense of community, caring and responsiveness on the forum. This can be done easily by getting involved in discussions, and then abusing your power by calling members f*cking thick c*nts. If they voice any objection then ban them.

You do not have to reply to every post....but some jackasses expect it. If they complain then ban them.

Monitor your forum for abusive posts, unauthorized spam or advertisements, copyright infringements, any any sort of harrassment. If there aren't any, then post some! If members point it out then ban them.

Participate in the private Forum Moderator's forum. This is the place to have a laugh with the other Mods about the sad twats that you've banned!

Ensure that you act with total bias at all times. If one of your mates steps over the line just ignore it. Obviously if somebody else points this out, or steps over the line themselves, you just ban them.

Should there be a forum trail of you acting unscrupulously or perhaps setting up a member for the purposes of banning them, be sure to delete it immediately. That way the banned person will be clearly shown to be responsible.

If a topic isn't going the way you want......then lock it! You can re-open at any time if you want to make more posts yourself......then quickly close it again. If somebody then starts another thread about the situation then delete it and ban them. Ensure that whatever you do that you leave no trace of your activities. Just highlight the transgressions of the people you don't like, so you can turn the rest of the forum against them.

If a member reports a post because they consider it unacceptable......first check to see if it's one of your mates. If it is, then ban the snivelling f*cker that reported it......for being a snivelling f*cker. If it's not one of your mates, then ban the person who posted it.......and ban the snivelling f*cker who reported it for making work for you.

Keep a close eye on anybody sucking up to the Admin.......they obviously have their eyes on your Mod gig. Therefore you need to monitor their activities and make their life as difficult as possible. The idea is to make them flounce......but if that can't be achieved then just find a reason to ban them.

Technical knowledge is not needed......you can quite happily f*ck up all aspects of the software and just leave it to Admin to sort out. The more you can keep him tied up, the more freedom you'll have to do whatever you feel like on the board.

Be aware that your efforts will go unnoticed and you won't get any thanks.......particularly from those you banned! But it's a great Power Trip nonetheless.

There's only one man for the job! He's been the backbone of this place for many years! The man who has more forum likes than anybody.

Annotation 2020-04-02 101850.jpg

In my opinion......the People have spoken! Come on down @Six30!

i-agree-gif-3.gif.f2e7cdffa3ba4b8ddf5ed7387ff15558.gif

instead of a ban button , can I use the eject button I've been working on :thumb:

ready to take the reins when you are [mention]Stu[/mention]

ignore the parachute , I've done away with that.

tenoro.gif.46a3b0b499c7ed1a1b7ccd7f6a8a901f.gif

Hmmm. I'd quite like the mod gig to get rid of a few nobbers who are long due but I don't want any form of responsibility...

[mention]Six30[/mention] - would you mind if I had a go first then you take over? I wouldn't be more than 1/2 hour or so.

I've heard you're used to sloppy seconds so can't see why you'd object.

Hmmm. I'd quite like the mod gig to get rid of a few nobbers who are long due but I don't want any form of responsibility...

@Six30 - would you mind if I had a go first then you take over? I wouldn't be more than 1/2 hour or so.

can do mate, im not fussy, but if you fook up ....

tenoro.gif.df000f1f6619178669e62a5c1cfed4fd.gif

I believe I've made a compelling case @Six30.........and I'm sure all right-minded members will concur!

you have , lets just see if common sense prevails , i sent [mention]rennie[/mention] some supplies [ not a bribe ] he'll probably be unconscious for a day or so but im sure he'll see sense .

a-pile-of-empty-drink-cans-ready-to-be-recycled-B1XW4M.thumb.jpg.f729b5cf11db7bbf6d4fda4a0a89f699.jpg

@Six30 - would you mind if I had a go first then you take over? I wouldn't be more than 1/2 hour or so.

You can't ban admin........

The man who has more forum likes than anybody.

But that could just be because he has more posts than anybody. :D

I think we need to be looking at the ratio of posts to likes here to ensure we get the highest quality candidate. Once we've calculated that ratio for every forum member we can use it to ban anyone below a certain threshold on the basis that they are clogging the place up with shit nobody else wants to read.

Obviously we then disregard whoever has the highest score and just give Six the gig anyway. :thumb:

[mention]XTreme[/mention] [mention]Stu[/mention] [mention]Six30[/mention]

Clearly this is a blatant attempt ar a pupet regime fronted by six with his pimp XTreme pulling not only the strings but god knows what else :shock:

If you do the math, six ratio is just under 46% whilst mine is clearly in another league at 47‰

The man who has more forum likes than anybody.

But that could just be because he has more posts than anybody. :D

I think we need to be looking at the ratio of posts to likes here to ensure we get the highest quality candidate. Once we've calculated that ratio for every forum member we can use it to ban anyone below a certain threshold on the basis that they are clogging the place up with shit nobody else wants to read.

Obviously we then disregard whoever has the highest score and just give Six the gig anyway. :thumb:

This, right here, is initiative!

Something that the vast majority of you here are sadly lacking in!

@XTreme @Stu @Six30

Clearly this is a blatant attempt ar a pupet regime fronted by six with his pimp XTreme pulling not only the strings but god knows what else :shock:

If you do the math, six ratio is just under 46% whilst mine is clearly in another league at 47‰

So you're inferring that Six is my puppet? Despite the fact that you don't even know how to spell the word?

giphy.gif.40ecbe97fc177885aff72cf4f5d38d81.gif

@XTreme @Stu @Six30

Another point of order on the figures!

The LIKE system has only been in use since about 2016 ([mention]Stu[/mention] can confirm the exact date)........so posts prior to that couldn't get liked.

Therefore you can't use TOTAL posts.......only number of posts since the system came in.

And on that basis [mention]Six30[/mention]'s average is far higher than yours.

I think the mod job should go to the person least likely to get Coronavirus. Are there any members out there who haven't got any cases in their area?

[mention]Six30[/mention]

@XTreme @Stu @Six30

So you're inferring that Six is my puppet? Despite the fact that you don't even know how to spell the word?

Indeed, it's unlikely to improve any time soon either, I can't afford a bigger phone or glasses.

In true dictatorial mode you neglected to comment on six frankly appalling popularity rating, this coupled with his recent toty award should keep him out for the foreseeable future, it's not like his award even came with the title of hot toty

So back in your box Franco.