Your most used tool (don't be filthy!)

Tiggie

What is everyone's go to tool that they find themselves always reaching for?

Mine has to be my impact driver, had it for around 5 years now and use it all the time, I even bought some socket adapters so I can use it for bike/car monkeying :D

IMG_20200528_160628.thumb.jpg.69d75d007024c94f30fad55f523b9bf6.jpg

20200528_193703.thumb.jpg.ffe1f6d002b5184d3ff5937511f389fd.jpg

Got to be the set of ratchet and open spanners.

They have ended up mounted above work bench but easy to chuck in the toolbox if we are going racing or rescueing lol.

Cheers

Ian

My spannering capabilities are probably on a par with your average chimpanzee. If it's not an obvious leak or disconnected wire it's a matter of phoning the nearest bike.mechanic or my son in law who's a proper grease monkey. So my most used tool is probably my mobile phone.😁

A battered old table leg . Honestly , I've used this as a soft mallet and a lever for fitting wheels and even engines . It always seems to get involved in any job I do . It also lives behind my front door to welcome " Visitors " I did actually wield it in anger in a neighbor dispute but he's f****d off back to Portugal and good riddance .

@geofferz no, you need to say whether its an open ended, ratchet, ring etc....... :lol:

I did actually use the ratchet set just today to fit new levers! Was trying with a spanner and was like wtf this is absurd then it clicked. Metaphorically. Then physically.

I also purchased a 10mm allen key to change the bar ends to protectors, and was faced with optional 'ball end or flat'. I have googled and it's something to do with an angle of entry option, but I am still totally bermused as to why a ball tip on an Allen key allows you more range flexibility? Next time I'll just call the AA.

I have a tail tidy and a can to fit next..I am scared

Because you don't need to put the tool in flush as compared to a normal flat one. I found that they end up damaging the heads on the bolts by rounding them off easier though. :roll:

Wera-Hex-Ball-and-Hex-Plus-Driver-Tips.jpg.bd64f4383e25cd0e2e501b3a7c226def.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

I cant really pick one tool though there's my 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 drive socket sets that I use slot so could be them though I also use my screwdrivers and a bow saw I use a fair amount......

I'm just going to say my whole toolkit