Bike night Shipston on Stour

Guest Speedy23

So the next bike night at the Black Horse Shipston on Stour is on 14th August.

Anybody up for it?

Cheers

S23

3709627_BlackHorse.thumb.PNG.d7381ee6aa9355a7640f3052b05a5076.PNG

Edited by Anonymous

Hi Snod - yes, it's a good laff - see pics.There's a barbie, good atmos. etc. Just come down the Old Fosse Way, turn left at Tredington onto the A3400. When you get into Shipston, pass the hospital on your left and turn right up Watery Lane (if you miss it, next right up Station Road). Black Horse is just at the top - you can't miss it.

Cheers

S23

• 3 weeks later...

And so I did go, and it was quiet..

UNNb3kO.jpg

l9mIqzc.jpg

It is very laid back and the pub serves good beer, I appreciate that, and the hot dogs are nice even if they are £4 but I'm not sure I'd bother again.. Also the local loony saw I had no one to talk to so promptly talked at me about his warehousing job for far too long :roll:

Still, at least the CBX provided some amusement for the locals due to being right old!

And so I did go, and it was quiet..

UNNb3kO.jpg

l9mIqzc.jpg

It is very laid back and the pub serves good beer, I appreciate that, and the hot dogs are nice even if they are £4 but I'm not sure I'd bother again.. Also the local loony saw I had no one to talk to so promptly talked at me about his warehousing job for far too long :roll:

Still, at least the CBX provided some amusement for the locals due to being right old!

Bloody Hell Snod......what were you wearing? On your first photo you captured me and @JRH chewin' the fat (just under sign over pub door...)

Edited by Anonymous

The evidence....

1669024294_PubCapture_opt.thumb.png.419b50d39062707bf9672f17a713a356.png

Where was your bike parked? I was the grey FJR parked on the corner of the car park next to the green street triple

We were talking next to JRH's bike.....I'm the [strikeout]fat[/strikeout] good looking one with the H belt on....

Yes, we met the local character as well.......rest assured, just one of many - but living round here, it's just like protective camouflage.....

To be fair, the reduced attendance was probably down to all the road works that have effectively barricaded the pub.

I was wearing a very dirty hi vis and camo (army surplus) overtrousers.. My bike was parked opposite the pub entrance, the white Honda.

The H belt made you look like you would try and sign people up for the local ROSPA group, definitely to be avoided :lol:

I was wearing a very dirty hi vis and camo (army surplus) overtrousers.. My bike was parked opposite the pub entrance, the white Honda.

The H belt made you look like you would try and sign people up for the local ROSPA group, definitely to be avoided :lol:

Well, strangely enough, lurking at the back of my wardrobe.....(with the Tufty Club Certificate and my BSc (Bronze Swimming Certificate)), I found......this :shock:

RoSPA_opt.thumb.jpg.e6f0f5682c79cf87a4a63eb4182dde6f.jpg

...but I'm alright now........