The Ponderosa

Guest Speedy23

I was looking at that run in MCN earlier and thinking that would be a good place to visit on the way to my sisters. Perhaps on Friday or Saturday

Hi Mike, keep watchin' this space.......

I presume it's sorted now but the road was recently closed for quite a while due to hill fires

So we could go for a "burn-up" then? :lol:

(Groan - I'll get me coat.....)

Just thought......the "burning map" was eerily prescient!

[mention]Speedy23[/mention] Are we on for this, but need to start early and say aim for arrival about 12:00, which will get me back in time for the meal SWMBA has agreed to. :lol: If we go from Stratford aim to leave at 9:30 using this route.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y8-qlBm7O2DCFbZp0VEzbYetWszJ2MN1&usp=sharing

JRH route looks good but to avoid having to navigate SoA at that time of day may I suggest meeting up at the Four Ashes garage (old Aston Martin dealer opposite pub) jct. Birmingham Rd (A3400) and Gospel Oak Lane at same time? It's about 1/2 mile from big roundabout on A3400/A46. Otherwise, all systems go! (No-one under the age of 50 will know WTF that means! :D )

JRH route looks good but to avoid having to navigate SoA at that time of day may I suggest meeting up at the Four Ashes garage (old Aston Martin dealer opposite pub) jct. Birmingham Rd (A3400) and Gospel Oak Lane at same time? It's about 1/2 mile from big roundabout on A3400/A46. Otherwise, all systems go! (No-one under the age of 50 will know WTF that means! :D )

OK Thats fine

Anyone else, we should be at Ponderosa 12:00 ish

I’m here. Brown leather jacket & flouresent braces 😁

We're here. In the cafe eating. 3 guys . 1 rst text 1 leather and fluor sam Browne

Well what a day out! JRH had said that he wanted to do the Ponderosa this year so today was the day. We had originally arranged to meet on the A3400 but then I acquired a "prospect"...a mate (yes, I do have them...) of mine Geoff, who's got a Triumph Thunderbird so Geoff and I met JRH at a Jet Garage at Mappleborough Green then set off for JRH's dream destination.....Kidderminster. Slight run-in while filtering through traffic but soon sorted out by JRH looking all threatening. Great ride X-country past the Food Stop, skirted Bridgenorth and picked up A458 the A5 to Llangolen. A5 provided some entertaining filtering practice. Ride to Llangolen was great, with a fine view of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in the distance.

After Llangolen the road rose up to the Horseshoe pass and the Ponderosa, where after some faffing about we eventually RV'd with Mike S.

Food was taken then we all returned to Llangolen where we split up, JRH to do some more sightseeing & the miserable Brummies back home via Whitchurch, A41 (past the Raven) M54, M6 and home. A really good day's ride out. Thanks to @JRH for leading the way there (even if we did circumnavigate Kidderminster again!).

Was a good ride out to the Ponderosa wit [mention]Speedy23[/mention] and Geoff, where we met up with [mention]mikestrivens[/mention] .

Traffic was fun going and plenty of filter practise.

After taking on food we made our own ways back.

I took time out to bag another forum tag.

Then I returned via Bridgnorth and [mention]Speedy23[/mention] favourite place Kidderminster. Due to meeting slow traffic had plenty of opourtunity to practise overtakes.

Must say that the car and Lorry drivers were most accommodating in allowing me to make progress.