Leicester

I’m from Leicester(shire). However I am not around on a Sunday and haven’t passed my test yet :crybaby: :lol:

Should hopefully be around in May though if all goes to plan! Let me know if you find any decent riding routes!

Morning, could I suggest that you complete your profile ? You don't state what bike or bikes you ride so it might be a little awkward if I turned up to go on a run on my GSXR only to find you were on a 125 . Then again if I were to turn up on my ER5 and you appeared on an R1 ......

might be a little awkward if I turned up to go on a run on my GSXR only to find you were on a 125.

Why? I used to ride out on my old 125 with people on much more capable bikes than mine. They rode with me anyway though! And if my friends ever do CBTs and only have 125s I'll lead up the back for them too un til they get bigger bikes.

might be a little awkward if I turned up to go on a run on my GSXR only to find you were on a 125.

Why? I used to ride out on my old 125 with people on much more capable bikes than mine. They rode with me anyway though! And if my friends ever do CBTs and only have 125s I'll lead up the back for them too un til they get bigger bikes.

Why ? Because it would about as enjoyable as sticking wasps up my arse . I can't Imagine anything more tedious than trying to go slow enough to stay with a 125 while riding an 1100 Hypersports bike . I wouldn't do it and if I had a slow bike I wouldn't inflict it on anyone else either.

Must admit I wouldn’t want to be in a group of hyper sports bikes whilst bimbleing around on my Tiger.

Exactly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near any sports bikes when I'm tootling along on my ER5. They often make me jump when they scream past at nearly three times my present speed. I don't enjoy riding in a group anyway. It's bloody dangerous with far too many extra factors to concentrate on .

I don't enjoy riding in a group anyway. It's bloody dangerous with far too many extra factors to concentrate on .

That's a shame, I'd love to see how fast this "fastbob" character is on his 1100 Hypersports bike. Have you found the portal to the alternate dimension where the writers for Performance Bikes go to get their ideas?

Here in miserable 2019 most of the good roads are being made 50MPH limit anyway, 125s will be all you need soon enough.

I don't enjoy riding in a group anyway. It's bloody dangerous with far too many extra factors to concentrate on .

That's a shame, I'd love to see how fast this "fastbob" character is on his 1100 Hypersports bike. Have you found the portal to the alternate dimension where the writers for Performance Bikes go to get their ideas?

Here in miserable 2019 most of the good roads are being made 50MPH limit anyway, 125s will be all you need soon enough.

I chose the name Fastbob because Ironically I am a rather sensible rider . It's a bit like the opposite to Slowbusa who has sadly left the forum. Although I do have a GSXR 1100 and I have been known to open the throttle occasionally I do most of my riding these days on an ER5 which is plenty fast enough for the A and B roads that I enjoy around Warwickshire.As I am fast approaching 60 years of age I have become more aware of how long broken bones might take to heal and this has had a moderating effect on my riding . As for how fast I am on my GSXR 1100 , well I did take it up to 160 once on the M45 but I can't say I enjoyed it very much . As for general riding I'm not particularly fast at all prefering to bimble along at a reasonable speed without over working the big engine and giving myself enough time to enjoy the scenery. So to return to my original post , all was saying was that it might be a good idea if the OP gave some idea what bike they had .