Rugby Bikefest 2019

• 3 weeks later...

So did anyone else go? I can't say I like the way they've closed so many roads around the centre as it makes finding somewhere to park a lot more difficult than before but I understand why they did it. I ended up in a car park like a right pleb and proceeded to spend the next 3 hours wondering if I was going to get a ticket..

P4Y3wJy.jpg

I honestly don't know what's going on here. I like the SUs but why are there air filters on top of the crank case?

nTb1BcX.jpg

Ludicrously shiny 70s stuff abound..

2d6iloA.jpg

Along with some more serious tackle:

mlCdpOQ.jpg

Complete with Real Man's Sat Nav!

cUECkxU.jpg

These are so nice, it still amazes me how compact they are. Why is there nothing like this nowadays?

vHlKKaB.jpg

This might not look like much but I think it's the first rotax-powered MZ 125 I've seen in the wild. If I was in need of commuting wheels I would consider one of these though obviously the 125RT is the one to have, not this silly SM version.

Y4dswCH.jpg

So, as always a good day out with plenty of surprisingly loud live music but I am starting to feel like it's a bit samey, which wasn't helped by having the same headliners as last year! I also saw they're trying to bring in more entertainment for kids which again I understand but I'm not a kid so it doesn't work for me..

I did! You got a prime spot there, hope you like classic rock covers and ska :lol:

Also noticed a few of those £22K R1250GS things that people talk about on here, it takes all sorts I suppose?

I spent a while chatting with 2 old hog riders who'd parked further up from me, the one I swear was Burt Reynolds reincarnated he was a proper old smoothy with the ladies he had a line for everything :lol:

Yeah the rock was ok liked the ska though

[mention]Snod Blatter[/mention]

I was there took the Honda and parked down by the town hall with the VJMC.

They close all the roads after the ride in and any late comers have to park up where they can and generally not in the main show areas.

I had a quick look around when I first got there, usual stalls and attractions but I don't go to buy anything or listen to the music.

20190519_132245_crop_500x500.jpg.54b77fd2b7179695eeefd08a40b0fdb4.jpg

Ahhh I did see the Honda! But why not go listen to the music, it's a large part of what the day is about..?

Didn’t make it myself, forecast said rain so I didn’t bother. Typically it didn’t rain but hey ho!

You'll make a fine pregnant power ranger :thumb:

Ahhh I did see the Honda! But why not go listen to the music, it's a large part of what the day is about..?

Didn’t make it myself, forecast said rain so I didn’t bother. Typically it didn’t rain but hey ho!

You'll make a fine pregnant power ranger :thumb:

Not confident to ride in the rain yet having only been riding a couple weeks :lol:

So did anyone else go? I can't say I like the way they've closed so many roads around the centre as it makes finding somewhere to park a lot more difficult than before but I understand why they did it. I ended up in a car park like a right pleb and proceeded to spend the next 3 hours wondering if I was going to get a ticket..

P4Y3wJy.jpg

I honestly don't know what's going on here. I like the SUs but why are there air filters on top of the crank case?

nTb1BcX.jpg

Ludicrously shiny 70s stuff abound..

2d6iloA.jpg

Along with some more serious tackle:

mlCdpOQ.jpg

Complete with Real Man's Sat Nav!

cUECkxU.jpg

These are so nice, it still amazes me how compact they are. Why is there nothing like this nowadays?

vHlKKaB.jpg

This might not look like much but I think it's the first rotax-powered MZ 125 I've seen in the wild. If I was in need of commuting wheels I would consider one of these though obviously the 125RT is the one to have, not this silly SM version.

Y4dswCH.jpg

So, as always a good day out with plenty of surprisingly loud live music but I am starting to feel like it's a bit samey, which wasn't helped by having the same headliners as last year! I also saw they're trying to bring in more entertainment for kids which again I understand but I'm not a kid so it doesn't work for me..

Yes I went . The whole thing was a bit confusing if I'm honest. There were bikes of every kind scattered all over the town centre but when I got there my access was barred by a bored looking marshal . I ended up parked on the pavement , along with many other bikes . There was no signage anywhere and many people seemed worried about getting a ticket . I was struck by the large numbers of Back Patch MC members strolling around but most of them looked too old to cause any mischief. I don't think I'll bother again . Oh yeah, all but two of the VJMC guys had buggered off by the time I arrived . ( Yes you ! 😉 )

Yes I went . The whole thing was a bit confusing if I'm honest. There were bikes of every kind scattered all over the town centre but when I got there my access was barred by a bored looking marshal . I ended up parked on the pavement , along with many other bikes . There was no signage anywhere and many people seemed worried about getting a ticket . I was struck by the large numbers of Back Patch MC members strolling around but most of them looked too old to cause any mischief. I don't think I'll bother again . Oh yeah, all but two of the VJMC guys had buggered off by the time I arrived . ( Yes you ! 😉 )

Sorry old bean for leaving early, was there until 1.30,I had been getting the grumpy face from OH about going to "another" bike show.

The parking does get a bit messy once the ride in is done and people just park anywhere.

Yes, it is the first time they've blocked the main entrance and it was confusing. All they had to do was put up a sign telling people to carry on round but there was nothing at all, poor.

As for the back patch brigade I do always find it amusing that their patches are brand new and their jackets nearly as new, I wonder if there's a stall just outside the DSA test centre where you can join up?? :lol: