Glastonbury Tor.

Been on an epic journey or a fantastic day out? Found some amazing roads and have a story to share? Use this section to share your stories and pictures.
Mack01
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Been Liked: 20 times

Glastonbury Tor.

#1 Post by Mack01 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:04 am

Went out for a ride today down the A361 and A37 (no destination in mind) and decided to head over to Glastonbury on the way back. I've ridden and driven past the Tor so many times over the years and always said I'd like to walk up it one day. Turns out today was not the day as when I got there I could not find anywhere close to park. This was a first for me as I've never not found somewhere to park up wherever I visit. The Tor was surrounded by steep roads with double yellows. The only parking spots I saw were a disabled bay right by the start of the footpaths and a loading bay by a shop. Shame really but nice sunny day if a bit windy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has Liked: 104 times
Been Liked: 188 times

Re: Glastonbury Tor.

#2 Post by skyrider » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:57 pm

yes that's life if there is anywhere interesting to visit you can be sure there will be parking restrictions all around :damn:

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Challenge Score: 30
Has Liked: 416 times
Been Liked: 676 times

#3 Post by SometimesSansEngine » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Mack01 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:04 am
I've ridden and driven past the Tor so many times over the years and always said I'd like to walk up it one day.
Grew up nearby, done similar in going past it loads of times but like anything on your doorstep never got around to climbing it. Finally did it for the first (and so far only) time a few years ago and that's because someone from outside the area visiting wanted to do it. It is worth it on a good day.

We parked in the Draper factory car park a very short walk away, you pay a couple of pounds in the factory shop and they let you park up there.

Magpie84
Has Liked: 91 times
Been Liked: 134 times

#4 Post by Magpie84 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Next time there is the old slipper factory over the road from the chalice well that you can park in. It's a bit of a walk but that's where I've always parked the car at least. I
I'm not easily distrac.... Oooo look a shiny bike!

Mack01
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Been Liked: 20 times

#5 Post by Mack01 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Cheers guys. I didn't have any other footwear with me, just my biker boots so wanted to park up close as possible. I saw a fair few people walking along the road that looked like ramblers so guessed they parked further away. The idea of parking a distance away and walking without my walking boots didn't appeal. Next time I'll take the car and park in one of your suggested spots.