The long way home ride on a WK-650TR-G

Hi all, just posting about prince666 as he is known on My China Moto, in around 4 days he is about to set off on a Ride back to the UK from China, he will be crossing almost the whole of China, then into Russia, then Finland, Sweden then down to Calais and on to the UK and on to the Isle-of-man, his Chinese riding companions want to see the TT course.

He will be doing the ride on a CFMOTO CF-650TR-G also known as a WK-650TR-G, this is the new touring machine featured at the Milan show, it is a domestic version of the machine used by the Chinese Police, it has a more upright seating position with foot pegs further forward and handle bars further back, electrically adjustable screen, ABS etc.

He is wanting to meet up with any WK-650 owners or WK-650 enthusiasts, so please PM me if you are interested in meeting this brave or crazy fellow.

Here is a link to "The Long Way Home Ride" blog

http://thelongwayhome.simplesite.com/428678170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For all those who do not know it yet, KTM machines are made in the same factory as these bikes in the blog, KTM and CFMOTO being partners

I am in Phil. :thumb:

All bikers welcome, such an epic ride needs a good welcome when he arrives, looks like he will be doing Ace Café, Lynn Ravens, Ponderosa and Betws Y Coed

Any other suggestions welcome

Hi Phil

I can do any of them, but not all on the same day! :shock: :D

But, Raven, Ponderosa or Betws Y Coed are fine for me. :thumb:

I will ride to meet them at Raven so if you want to meet at Raven that will be good, will arrange with Linuxyeti as well, will know more when they get to their first nights stay in UK and they have visited his friends and family and the Ace café, they will probably have to stay somewhere in Wales overnight, they want to ride some of the roads in Snowdonia.

That's fine for me....could do the Raven then ride with them a fair way before I peel off and start the trek home.

You sort out it out with Linuxyeti, as iam off on hols on Friday for 2 weeks

That's fine for me....could do the Raven then ride with them a fair way before I peel off and start the trek home.

You sort out it out with Linuxyeti, as iam off on hols on Friday for 2 weeks

Have a good time maybe meet up when you are back, might be visiting brother in law in Leicester, he a biker as well.

They are setting off 9:00 AM on Tuesday 28th more info on the blog and more pictures of the 3 bikes, they have just had Nitrogen put in the tyres, anybody had this done?.

http://thelongwayhome.simplesite.com/428773570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are setting off 9:00 AM on Tuesday 28th more info on the blog and more pictures of the 3 bikes, they have just had Nitrogen put in the tyres, anybody had this done?.

http://thelongwayhome.simplesite.com/428773570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On a car and the tyres did stay at the same pressure for longer than they had with normal air.

These people are clearly the best kind of nuts :lol:

All the best of luck to them, I'm more than a little jealous... I've been trying to sell this idea to Glorian for ages!

Admittedly, in my version we ride the Chinese bikes to the factory and then set them on fire outside, though... but that's Lexmoto and Sinnis ownership for you :lol:

All the best of luck to them, I'm more than a little jealous... I've been trying to sell this idea to Glorian for ages!

Admittedly, in my version we ride the Chinese bikes to the factory and then set them on fire outside, though... but that's Lexmoto and Sinnis ownership for you :lol:

So you would set fire to a KTM Duke then, I do not know about those other makes, but the WK-650TR is very good machine and spares if needed are available, including reasonably price complete engines, I admit there is still room for improvement and some of those improvements have been included in the G model ( They listen to the customers ) but there is still room for more improvements.

KTM machines are made in the same factory as the 650TR's therefore I would expect the same standard of quality from both machines, it simply would not make sense for KTM to allow poor quality machines to leave a factory in which it has an involvement.

So you would set fire to a KTM Duke then, I do not know about those other makes, but the WK-650TR is very good machine and spares if needed are available, including reasonably price complete engines, I admit there is still room for improvement and some of those improvements have been included in the G model ( They listen to the customers ) but there is still room for more improvements.

KTM machines are made in the same factory as the 650TR's therefore I would expect the same standard of quality from both machines, it simply would not make sense for KTM to allow poor quality machines to leave a factory in which it has an involvement.

Bloody hell Mr Defensive, did I say anything mean about WK in that post? :lol: If you'd been around a bit longer, you'd know that Glorian and I owned bikes from the two brands that I did name, and they were both utter disasters :roll:

I've been taking great interest in Fred's bike, WK certainly seem to be shaping up to be the exception to the rule.

Bloody hell Mr Defensive, did I say anything mean about WK in that post? :lol: If you'd been around a bit longer, you'd know that Glorian and I owned bikes from the two brands that I did name, and they were both utter disasters :roll:

I've been taking great interest in Fred's bike, WK certainly seem to be shaping up to be the exception to the rule.

Like I said I do not know about the other makes not had one, I am not sure but I think Fred's is an earlier model to mine and linuxyeti ( as he is known on MCM ) his machine is an earlier model, even between those 2 models of the same bike there are improvements, it is a hell of a lot of bike for the money, I am now looking at the new WK 400 Trail bike as a replacement for my Bullet, this Bike is a Shineray/Mash machine re-badged, so if anybody has owned a Mash or Shineray machine, comments on the quality of those machine would be appreciated, the reviews looked good.

I was very intrigued by the WK Trail, seems like a whole lot of bike for the money. In the flesh, I had some concerns about the quality... not to say it's bad, but I can't see it taking a knock all that well. Reviews of the original Mash and Shineray are mixed, but WK seem to be good about troubleshooting. Parts availability might be my only concern, because they really don't seem to be shifting many of these; a whole three bikes in the first year. Can't have helped that the launch basically fizzled out, they showed one at Motorcycle Live then apparently just relied on it selling itself. Shame, because it's a nice position in the market, there are too many hideously overweight adventure bikes out there, it's nice to have some lightweight options!

Engine performance sounds good enough, for a torquey air cooled 400. For anyone that wants a road-focussed bike with a nice upright position and adventure styling, I'd say it's probably a good buy... Anyone that wants something they can actually take on the rough stuff might do better to look at the 250 offerings from Honda or Kawasaki, nicer suspensions setup, lower weight, and I'll wager a darn sight tougher if you drop them in a sea of rocks and mud. That was the decision I came down to, and what swung it for me. That being said, if you get one I'll be interested to hear how it works out.

I was very intrigued by the WK Trail, seems like a whole lot of bike for the money. In the flesh, I had some concerns about the quality... not to say it's bad, but I can't see it taking a knock all that well. Reviews of the original Mash and Shineray are mixed, but WK seem to be good about troubleshooting. Parts availability might be my only concern, because they really don't seem to be shifting many of these; a whole three bikes in the first year. Can't have helped that the launch basically fizzled out, they showed one at Motorcycle Live then apparently just relied on it selling itself. Shame, because it's a nice position in the market, there are too many hideously overweight adventure bikes out there, it's nice to have some lightweight options!

Engine performance sounds good enough, for a torquey air cooled 400. For anyone that wants a road-focussed bike with a nice upright position and adventure styling, I'd say it's probably a good buy... Anyone that wants something they can actually take on the rough stuff might do better to look at the 250 offerings from Honda or Kawasaki, nicer suspensions setup, lower weight, and I'll wager a darn sight tougher if you drop them in a sea of rocks and mud. That was the decision I came down to, and what swung it for me. That being said, if you get one I'll be interested to hear how it works out.

I have to sell the Bullet first, then start looking around, the Bullet has served it's purpose, it got me my nerve back riding it.

A link to a few more pictures from this link, sorry about the Chinese but they are in china

The Long Way Home 12:55

[龙口壮士跨欧亚大陆向英国出发,骑行走天涯...... : http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5NDkwODU2Mw==&mid=2652254385&idx=1&sn=9877743780964c4fb35373dc84b1388b&scene=1&srcid=0628zmfVGAR6Ti24Nppktiwb#rd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is where they are tonight, crossing in to Russia tomorrow, if Carnet papers get sorted, they have to leave £3000 as a deposit.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Huangguan+Hotel/@49.5991281,117.2677818,11z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3b23a4957586aa19!8m2!3d49.5922662!4d117.4503849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have covered 2000Km mostly in the rain

Link to a slide show he has made of the journey so far.

http://www.kuaishou.com/i/photo/lwx?userId=271621091&photoId=860749850&cc=share_wxms&fid=271621091&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Copy and past the link in to Browser it then works fine.