Fantastic Day out RAF Cosford with 40 Bullet Riders

CrusaderPhil

Had a fantastic day out a week last Friday with a Royal Enfield dealer in Saint Helens, we all met up at 8:00AM for breakfast, there where 40 Bullets, I had all ready ridden from Bangor North Wales on mine, left at 6:00AM got to Saint Helens in time for breakfast, had the provided breakfast and the 40 Bullets of all types set off for RAF Cosford, Telford, had a great ride down, refreshments provided on arrival, then a short tour of the museum before we had the lovely provided lunch, after lunch a longer tour of the remainder of the museum, more refreshments at 4:00PM before we set off on the ride back, I was following in a group who I thought was going the right way but his satnav must have been dodgy, to cut it short I got left behind at a stupid Tee Junction when my visor steamed up ( have to get a pinlock ), no sign of anybody again, no idea which way they went, ( very bad leaving someone behind but I new the way ), just to be sure I got my phone out and ran my satnav app, eventually after about 20 miles I turned a corner and there was one of the riders checking people past, I carried on and got back to the dealers, I thought I would be last but no, after about 10 minutes the one with the dodgy satnav and his group turned up every body back safe and sound for evening tea and cakes before setting off home, I got to the McD's on the A55 and the heavens opened and the Gale was horrendous, it was that bad I could not be bothered stopping to put on the waterproofs, I just kept going, the gale was so bad I was struggling to do 55, anyway I got home with just soaked legs my Jacket was more waterproof than I first thought, I did not care a jot about being wet, I had one of the best times ever with my clothes on, I did 340 Miles on the Bullet that day