Countryside wander and bug massacre

Arwen

So I had the day off and fancied heading out on my bike for a bit. No destination in mind, simply wandered around the Angus and Perth country side for a couple of hours. I did end up popping into weatherspoons in Blairgowrie for a scone and coffee though :D Purposely tried to find roads I've not been on before, as I find I end up going at a snails pace when taking corners on roads I do not know.

Feeling much better and have gained more trust in my tyres when going round corners on rough roads now, so I think it might be working :)

A few pictures for your enjoyment... Today was not nearly as nice as it has been over the past week. Typical!

34444129861_72081014f6.jpg

34574435525_ac0d49605d.jpg

34444073921_b3bee67796.jpg

I also seemed to have reduced the bug population somewhat... My jacket is covered in the horrible things too, eww!

34444077571_21e44a006b.jpg

nice! what is up with the big red bug splats recently though! I got covered in the same on Sunday!!

Careful, six will be along shortly to crack jokes about blood on his helmet..

nice! what is up with the big red bug splats recently though! I got covered in the same on Sunday!!

Careful, six will be along shortly to crack jokes about blood on his helmet..

don't encourage him :roll:

Yea I have no idea what bugs they are. Rode through a swarm of them, was like little hail stones hitting off my helmet :? I did notice their seems to be loads more of them near the fields with oil seed rape in them, so yet another reason to hate that crop!

I love the look and smell of rape, I thought everybody did? The only downside to it is that it makes the dogs yellow and sticky so we have to shower them.

:stupid:

oil seed rape in them, so yet another reason to hate that crop!

I love the look and smell of rape, I thought everybody did?

NOPE sets my hay fever off. Not fun in a full face helmet

Smells nice, but is one of only a couple of plants that give me hayfeaver, an no anti allergen tables seem to work against it!

The trouble is Dundee is surrounded by massive fields of it. So even in the city center I still get the effects from it. Doesn't help that I work on a farm :-(