Rye Ride

Moonraker

Took old yellow and the Mrs out today, taking a ride down to Rye from Maidstone. Route posted on the pictures attached but essentially from Maidstone, through quaint villages including Sutton Valance, Headcorn, which was lovely as was Appledore and then into Rye for lunch, ice cream and a wonder.

A lovely set of curvy open corner roads, that go through the lovely country side. The closer you get to Rye, the more opportunity to put your knee down and take on the S - Bends. Word of warning though, it's easy to see the attraction to go knee down on the roads around Rye but one loss of concentration and you could easily stack it.

Think it was the A274 then on to the B2080.

Rye is lovely but didn't seem to be biker friendly with the parking, charging to park bikes everywhere, but by the boats in the centre of town (not the actual harbour) there is a good space for bikes for free. There were a couple of nice Harleys parked there today and several seen coming through the town.

Chance to knock off 3 pubs from the 100 challenge on this route too.

d5bfc7563cd5b01c8aa6da9f9c25316c.jpgc18002f7b41648ddb21281d12d484758.jpg0aa470fccdbf58d0357fa2bcba39cd95.jpg72deb19f784ab87e5a91567e08d97528.jpg076c5e98e40a9e6575bb105bdc0d9941.jpg

nice write-up and map display, but it doesn't count unless we have evidence of said ride. motorcycle pics are very welcome along with some scenery etc cheers. :thumb: :D :D :D

Took old yellow and the Mrs out today, taking a ride down to Rye from Maidstone. Route posted on the pictures attached but essentially from Maidstone, through quaint villages including Sutton Valance, Headcorn, which was lovely as was Appledore and then into Rye for lunch, ice cream and a wonder.

A lovely set of curvy open corner roads, that go through the lovely country side. The closer you get to Rye, the more opportunity to put your knee down and take on the S - Bends. Word of warning though, it's easy to see the attraction to go knee down on the roads around Rye but one loss of concentration and you could easily stack it.

Think it was the A274 then on to the B2080.

Rye is lovely but didn't seem to be biker friendly with the parking, charging to park bikes everywhere, but by the boats in the centre of town (not the actual harbour) there is a good space for bikes for free. There were a couple of nice Harleys parked there today and several seen coming through the town.

Chance to knock off 3 pubs from the 100 challenge on this route too.

I love riding down to Rye. The roads are very good. You mentioned the parking. Didn't you squeeze through the barrier of the car park? That's what I always do. The chippy there is brill.

Pip - the only photos I got were of my two pub counts for the 100 rally (attached for your amusement) - I'll remember the requirement next time [emoji14]

Rob - I parked where the farmers market is on a Wednesday, the bit opposite The Ship Inn, squeezed rbe bikes through yea, lots of room. They only pit one set of barriers down and keep the green ones open.

Mega - Yea I've been around Rye in the car before but never hit the area with a bike. I definitely will be back.b4dd98bbb40408a29424cb887375704c.jpge42c6f1b098db974f906334f01c2764c.jpg