Afric Twin Test Ride 17.09.2017 *image heavy

Copycat73

Newcastle Motorcycles had a test ride event at Hartside .. booked me slot and off I went..

DCT.. bit weird .. probably most useful off road .. but will lend itself for urban traffic use too..

the S mode worked well enough .. the D mode was hangin onto the gears too long..

its fast enough for road use but takes a little windin up to speed.. but it is an off road type...

The up-right ridin position gives an excellent view .. and brakes are more than adequate :bike:

anyway jpg.s lots of jpg.s :lol:

qyuWwVjO_t.jpg jLK7LQcx_t.jpg i7wem5l0_t.jpg zfIdd3QX_t.jpg RKnvsOXN_t.jpg 8CNTwYF8_t.jpg Q1GWaDcL_t.jpg 2WgRQvXH_t.jpg HmWTR6J4_t.jpg V0HlyPdo_t.jpg xjeZLeO0_t.jpg ISu85kw6_t.jpg 1rgwR4Cc_t.jpg kVNVR96f_t.jpg hxa4nClJ_t.jpg yZHB3Cxm_t.jpg vxBr7uMY_t.jpg iNTGI7Pb_t.jpg 2gk0JPw1_t.jpg bmlhXeUV_t.jpg gFekt6oh_t.jpg dPoE3ccU_t.jpg BZGJhDJY_t.jpg JOSTPm8K_t.jpg 5iV2clI9_t.jpg Yf5rpGez_t.jpg iV5zIy1n_t.jpg fgNCNOYK_t.jpg yGHdO6i3_t.jpg 31UARP67_t.jpg vhCHMU9t_t.jpg DlqXo1T3_t.jpg EUoO2oNO_t.jpg EMme9jyP_t.jpg vMyIYUrB_t.jpg 7Pe2zbus_t.jpg vFuYjp0I_t.jpg mRDSgG10_t.jpg PZybM6AH_t.jpg bID8rCPv_t.jpg UxcXcBC4_t.jpg hJ8n7lyo_t.jpg K4Gc0Dst_t.jpg QmRNnZO3_t.jpg HsIhvZ8g_t.jpg 5wdNJZsI_t.jpg TVGyKQhO_t.jpg vDUVKHyJ_t.jpg k3FQpgMZ_t.jpg 4li7R1pi_t.jpg eAOMlJJd_t.jpg 23kgu5tw_t.jpg isGbGMn3_t.jpg W1S5kJaM_t.jpg DmpQDSls_t.jpg FLBIl3Sb_t.jpg ZVxmNKDs_t.jpg hIZUzMim_t.jpg 1O9WFEIp_t.jpg AmfVrMLv_t.jpg FFInX3y0_t.jpg S6WKDsRR_t.jpg dcX8pyt6_t.jpg 25i74Wwg_t.jpg L3iPoAaM_t.jpg otr7z4YX_t.jpg IyqIT9Uu_t.jpg DfGnczOd_t.jpg rG8wHZbL_t.jpg x0070dZx_t.jpg SAmf6ADC_t.jpg G9CV80KT_t.jpg Yhv33iQM_t.jpg VCqbSxp1_t.jpg MZKdkohb_t.jpg VGnoQWqM_t.jpg Adp987gn_t.jpg ttw1e7nH_t.jpg 7cp8DUhI_t.jpg uLdNYcJV_t.jpg 81uIqreW_t.jpg quHDh5VH_t.jpg gwT8zEpt_t.jpg lMBaUYYw_t.jpg 6VmzsK4I_t.jpg Ow0qLU1J_t.jpg ECIJde4j_t.jpg WOL72BWv_t.jpg 8WKVaY1g_t.jpg y54WKAO8_t.jpg Vg5lSFRZ_t.jpg Yz2zFpV9_t.jpg kB1hE07z_t.jpg A2obUvx3_t.jpg yyXCYIPw_t.jpg 4Lf6n0bL_t.jpg SMMUwxKz_t.jpg 0aKC0naA_t.jpg i1Y8vF68_t.jpg fbwEjI5a_t.jpg I0MZBbO2_t.jpg he6cFeFM_t.jpg 2VxmyH9l_t.jpg YNtwI1DY_t.jpg Q1S4Uc6C_t.jpg fACrGuzQ_t.jpg dP5GnzhJ_t.jpg OMaHU8ah_t.jpg EHT03knn_t.jpg cqZnN38n_t.jpg QcSNVY2t_t.jpg 7DGoK48x_t.jpg jZ5CrgZz_t.jpg ycP6YIpA_t.jpg cdQM3TlL_t.jpg 7lfNNpjS_t.jpg ZAU92tE6_t.jpg gvsAHQHX_t.jpg 0r3cwCsM_t.jpg z9pXoxN3_t.jpg 6koEwXfp_t.jpg idQUsC62_t.jpg xvzvkKMJ_t.jpg D8V9fPql_t.jpg 6gcDnHhK_t.jpg HxbAsrDn_t.jpg HwfItmto_t.jpg VWKuKoi6_t.jpg fZMwEse8_t.jpg 32x4skBv_t.jpg mNmNSmbx_t.jpg GLDk9VnC_t.jpg Ml0s2GzQ_t.jpg aLcsRtzG_t.jpg REyt25mI_t.jpg 1jRm3Qj5_t.jpg W5tNOEC1_t.jpg f1wnEBzT_t.jpg eGAQz88g_t.jpg eWkyx7bi_t.jpg ZcsHA1vP_t.jpg rtViqkBt_t.jpg PRE8ldF9_t.jpg SKtg1lph_t.jpg nLgpPxYf_t.jpg U2M8uqpy_t.jpg aGlphRWV_t.jpg D7gr0Bjh_t.jpg YGFc2OGb_t.jpg WfhZBvGW_t.jpg BvuRJeT5_t.jpg Tt3VWesk_t.jpg xHqxidAV_t.jpg VrznI6On_t.jpg GSBZSkwC_t.jpg QWqLZGHw_t.jpg NzoGsD6K_t.jpg Ln7wVGjx_t.jpg Z3202F1J_t.jpg BOx2hMeF_t.jpg k7um2NOc_t.jpg oBjVNm7A_t.jpg cM81Kb81_t.jpg m7x2MfRV_t.jpg FCFazfWE_t.jpg HUNow9Fs_t.jpg eOqz1TPf_t.jpg GgrwI7cI_t.jpg iwiXnSmx_t.jpg Yw1eZiv7_t.jpg s2bFsvXP_t.jpg S2YVOX9S_t.jpg DVGOLuHB_t.jpg drFEJVjv_t.jpg CKlely7n_t.jpg 5mKBkiC6_t.jpg jYrwYIUk_t.jpg VgcTZyEN_t.jpg 8pq6orEX_t.jpg bPuumc96_t.jpg E6iyCyQo_t.jpg khKbGdFo_t.jpg IMhQfP7G_t.jpg KdlR0GA8_t.jpg WMzC9pb3_t.jpg Vf2OefKP_t.jpg xJ4rzcEK_t.jpg TjVwXEQf_t.jpg pX9RxuS5_t.jpg YwSySMZD_t.jpg e6B4a9RK_t.jpg pbVy2aAx_t.jpg Yfui7mN2_t.jpg jpMZIqOM_t.jpg YvQBcYhZ_t.jpg 9lZUtm5a_t.jpg dk2BGSM3_t.jpg ea0eBkBu_t.jpg gLJ9APWZ_t.jpg 9okauPax_t.jpg xeLp9d93_t.jpg LE5DC96x_t.jpg jhUkW8K0_t.jpg AWSqAtcm_t.jpg HXzUcLJj_t.jpg NS44FjVu_t.jpg QNJ6myf6_t.jpg QjcZBepV_t.jpg Ec5dyLih_t.jpg GacasivZ_t.jpg I8KuLzJM_t.jpg OqlCNN4o_t.jpg KGWRtsdK_t.jpg vaMQVXe5_t.jpg HDYDOHSP_t.jpg 8ixfAwbu_t.jpg BQNwE7xe_t.jpg hKU5PD2U_t.jpg 8TNeNl0n_t.jpg mlXtHCRn_t.jpg JqLWRGaL_t.jpg pM1YkwzI_t.jpg UVJO0MRl_t.jpg AnAsRKa0_t.jpg 8OTU3VCw_t.jpg ui0WCEeR_t.jpg jdNlIMru_t.jpg o1i6E7Uc_t.jpg e4QCi9Ox_t.jpg QHk4p6ry_t.jpg BVlTYBOl_t.jpg i5JXYqDf_t.jpg 15ziYng2_t.jpg qrWocUB6_t.jpg 70rKX610_t.jpg 7hTOK17U_t.jpg jFnppkX8_t.jpg RfOZOUzU_t.jpg JUcgJ7wY_t.jpg IObNOgbN_t.jpg NMmThUn0_t.jpg 0oG70y9u_t.jpg A0y8OY44_t.jpg 8XzNvuhF_t.jpg unwUVna3_t.jpg Fjg6FcDF_t.jpg m6ZjT2yc_t.jpg mXtI3RFJ_t.jpg

probably don`t need any jpg.s .. plenty out there on the net.com of the bike itself already .. 7 & 8 are just that .. the rest take in some scenery .. which to me is probably some what more interesting .. well possibly to some ..

think .. most suitable as an urban traffic machine .. limited off road capabilities ...its not a DRZ400 .. but more than most would ever require .. coped well with the "test track" .. the typical farmers access road & bit of flat dirt field ridin thrown in for good measure.... on the road its not as quick and takes a bit of windin up to speed .. frankly its not the sort of bike for flyin round fast roads .. capable enough .. but not a sports bike.. think 2 up with luggage would be a struggle .. particularly over a serious .. bum brothers Charlie and Ewan adventure .. but a short-hop.. one - up ..

it would be fine ... its second bike material for when you just want to bimble around or headin to a rally site that's a sodden field..

The DCT is not worth the extra .. but if its cheaper than a manual or they chuck in some luggage then I would seriously think about it.. price / money dependant ...

they will sell better second hand I think..

They don't sell better second hand - the DCT version is seriously not liked by the buying public and is being massively discounted. While the geared version was holding value at around 9-9.5k there've been DCTs going for 7.5-8k. I like to browse Autotrader a lot, everybody needs a hobby :lol:

What I find odd is you saying it's not an off-road machine when it's been lauded as the best off-road adventure bike currently on the market. It's not like a 400cc machine because it's not a Sunday morning green lane bike - it's 1000cc's of travel somewhere inhospitable machinery. Although it seems harsh to call the car park at Costa inhospitable, which is where they'll all be parked up at.

I posted elsewhere about my being unable to fathom why they made this version. Bikers don't get stuff like this, they don't do change - unless a company like BMW sends all the journalists at Bike to a lap dancing club, every week, until everybody suddenly wanted an ugly R1150GS. Does anybody else read Bike? They're still doing it - the last two issues have been like a sodding BMW orgy of frotting and hand jobs.

Finally an online Africa twin flickbook.

Bollocks, you beat me to it ! There's only so many identical pics of handlebars with different backgrounds that one can take.

They don't sell better second hand -

they will sell second hand ... as a second bike ... the only question is at what price ... as you said the price is fallin..

What I find odd is you saying it's not an off-road machine when it's been lauded as the best off-road adventure bike currently on the market..

I said limited off road capabilities .. limited by the size of the thing .. I found it a handful... . and all the plastic to break.

I posted elsewhere about my being unable to fathom why they made this version.

its tryin to be too many things .. and not quite made it ...

think I`ll keep my Cb1000 and keep a lookout for a 250 off road machine... :cheers: