The abandoned village of El Moralejo

XTreme

Today I went to check out the abandoned village of El Moralejo in the Murcia province.

It was a rural farming community that only got electricity in the 1960's, but never actually had any running water.

It's been completely empty now since 1980.

vs229.thumb.jpg.9c386b2f1859dd6fbb3cb5c894b152cf.jpg

vs230.thumb.jpg.f5a9dc4daf66940a9771f1f61b664747.jpg

vs231.thumb.jpg.218510639548c495787220f29d14f42e.jpg

vs231a.thumb.jpg.6bf950d10e75a0b7f5c5b60622978365.jpg

vs231b.thumb.jpg.9a0418ec0b0f2ad5c584d08a44f99178.jpg

vs231c.thumb.jpg.1608f3826f76bb9ba6e59b7b20841852.jpg

vs231d.thumb.jpg.acc158e351a85818c89824c09920f5e6.jpg

vs231e.thumb.jpg.62e811ae8d25d692ba4483a78c233e99.jpg

vs231f.thumb.jpg.d98c31b26b7b0ff95fcf5665adb5aea8.jpg

vs231g.thumb.jpg.bbcbe90505f4c30a70cc47277c7088bd.jpg

vs231h.thumb.jpg.5ecdfbcb27b8f34357d71fb92f3e7da1.jpg

vs232.thumb.jpg.57ad2def06756bfa171c04697b770944.jpg

Edited by XTreme

So why was it abandoned ,?

Or did they hear you were coming ?

There's over 3000 abandoned villages in Spain Tim.......predominantly in the north.

As I understand it they all voted for Brexit! :lol:

There's over 3000 abandoned villages in Spain Tim.......predominantly in the north.

there be a lot more abandoned soon... interviewing expats on the news friday evening, their scared...as long as they dont come over here nicking our women and jobs.

there be a lot more abandoned soon... interviewing expats on the news friday evening, their scared...as long as they dont come over here nicking our women and jobs.

Great! You can have all the illegal, unregistered, non-tax paying knuckledraggers back and then people like me will snap up their repo'd gaffs! :lol:

Great! You can have all the illegal, unregistered, non-tax paying knuckledraggers back and then people like me will snap up their repo'd gaffs! :lol:

these was all legit running their own business's ... make the most of the sunshine :thumb:

Yes of course they were......and yes of course I will!

18C here at midday and just been out!

Normally I get petrol when I get back to the town......I always make sure the tank is full when it goes away after I've finished on the weekend.

But yesterday I was running late so I took it to get filled up this morning.

It had a bit of a belting yesterday......but still runs as sweet as ever!

Would be a great place to camp for a few days, no need to worry about paying for board and lodging's, as long as you had enough supplies to last a couple of days would be ideal as a base to explore from :thumb:

Would be a great place to camp for a few days, no need to worry about paying for board and lodging's, as long as you had enough supplies to last a couple of days would be ideal as a base to explore from :thumb:

I've had a huge response on FB groups about this place.......all saying the same thing.

Really weird.......cos there's no way I'd stay there.....it's too creepy.

Apart from that I'm a 5 star hotel man anyway. 8-)

I've had a huge response on FB groups about this place.......all saying the same thing.

Really weird.......cos there's no way I'd stay there.....it's too creepy.

Apart from that I'm a 5 star hotel man anyway. 8-)

Could be a very lucrative business opportunity, claim one of the buildings and open up a supply shop, food, water and other things :lol: