Through the clouds

Been on an epic journey or a fantastic day out? Found some amazing roads and have a story to share? Use this section to share your stories and pictures.
redShogun
Bike(s): 2009 Suzuki Address FL125
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 15 times

Through the clouds

Post by redShogun » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:13 pm

So yesterday morning I did some maintenance on my bike. I changed the oil, replaced the oil filter, the air filter and the spark plug (NGK CR6HSA). About 40 mins of work and now the motorbike is running well.

After 3 days of heavy rain and strong winds (a storm was roaming Greece) and since my university exams period was over I decided to go for a ride on mountain Pelion. I was in need of some fresh air after all.

As I was heading towards Chania I saw a huge cloud right above the highest peaks of the mountain. Of course I wanted to go right through it.

The fog was getting dense as I continued to go up, especially at the Chania ski center.

I would go way up to nearly the highest peak of the mountain (Pourianos Stayros) but since there are military bases there you are allowed to go up to a certain point. The top's altitude is around 1600m above sea level. Chania is around 1200m.

The sunset through the fog. Maybe the most beautiful thing I have seen so far.

So that's about it. Just a small afternoon ride I went on. :D

MikeHorton
Bike(s): Yamaha Tracer 900GT,
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 180 times

Re: Through the clouds

Post by MikeHorton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Looks like a great bit of recreation time in an amazing setting after the challenge of exams and some machine maintenance, enjoy and hope exams went well 👍

redShogun
Bike(s): 2009 Suzuki Address FL125
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by redShogun » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Exams went well actually, thanks mate.

Yeah the setting was pretty much awesome up there. Personally I prefer autumn/winter rides instead of summer rides.

Now I am thinking of changing the rear sprocket this week....the stock one is 34T (front is 14T), I am thinking of going for a bigger one, like 37T. Generally speaking I like working on my motorbike.

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2252 times
Been liked: 2950 times

Post by XTreme » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Excellent!

Return to “Ride Reports and Pictures”