My first bike

Ralphy1406

Hey I've just passed my a2 licence and I'm looking to buy my first bike but I still don't know much about bikes. Could tell me if I would I be able to get a Harley Davidson 2020 softail standard, I know the bike is too big but could I get it if I get a restrictor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have the Softail Streetbob which is pretty much the same bike. Whilst the power is within the range that the A2 lets you ride once restricted I'm not sure it would be rideable once choked down to 35kW. I love the Milwaukee 8 motor They aren't exactly earth shattering at full power. First thing everyone does is a stage 1 conversion (Exhaust / high flow air filter/ tuner) to give more power.

If I were you I'd go for one of the midrange Japanese cruisers for 2 years until you have your full license. The big heavy bikes need big motors I'm afraid. Loads of great stuff to choose from though.

Or if you're looking for something with a bit more of the"heritage" factor the older Triumph Speedmaster. Some real bargains about now the completely new one is out. Not that it sounds like budget is a problem for you but should preserve most of its value for when you're ready to upgrade to the Harley

I have the Softail Streetbob which is pretty much the same bike. Whilst the power is within the range that the A2 lets you ride once restricted I'm not sure it would be rideable once choked down to 35kW. I love the Milwaukee 8 motor They aren't exactly earth shattering at full power. First thing everyone does is a stage 1 conversion (Exhaust / high flow air filter/ tuner) to give more power.

If I were you I'd go for one of the midrange Japanese cruisers for 2 years until you have your full license. The big heavy bikes need big motors I'm afraid. Loads of great stuff to choose from though.

The power unit on the FXDB is just terrific. Best thing about the bike imho. OH and the semi apes were pretty cool too.

The power unit on the FXDB is just terrific. Best thing about the bike imho. OH and the semi apes were pretty cool too.

Best thing about it for me is that it doesn't give you Vibration White Finger

Hey I've just passed my a2 licence and I'm looking to buy my first bike but I still don't know much about bikes. Could tell me if I would I be able to get a Harley Davidson 2020 softail standard, I know the bike is too big but could I get it if I get a restrictor

This is a joke post by someone who is bored .

This is a joke post by someone who is bored .

Let's hope so ..... :?

Damn right who on here would want a harley 🤔😂

I would , as well you know . 😉

The only person I know who had a Harley as a first bike got rid of it after a couple of days. He didn't make it round a bend. He'd bought it brand new, so it was a very expensive mistake.

I've always been an advocate of getting a cheap, light, low-powered bike to gain experience and skills, then progressing through more expensive, heavier, more powerful bikes as experience, skills and confidence improve. Harleys tend to fit in the more expensive, heavier, more powerful group.

• 5 weeks later...

The only person I know who had a Harley as a first bike got rid of it after a couple of days. He didn't make it round a bend. He'd bought it brand new, so it was a very expensive mistake.

I've always been an advocate of getting a cheap, light, low-powered bike to gain experience and skills, then progressing through more expensive, heavier, more powerful bikes as experience, skills and confidence improve. Harleys tend to fit in the more expensive, heavier, more powerful group.

Certainly more expensive and heavier not too sure about the more powerful bit lol. :seeya:

Cheers

Ian

Certainly more expensive and heavier not too sure about the more powerful bit lol. :seeya:

Cheers

Ian

Gota be a typo 😂

• 5 months later...

Cheers

Ian

I lookback on my earlier comment and have to smile in view of the Superglide sat outside lol.

Cheers

Ian