Braking While Rev Matching

KTM21

Whenever I try to blip the throttle while I'm braking, I always let go of the brake during the blip which causes a jerk. Is there a trick to being able to do both at the same time? I'm only using two fingers for the braking and I'm pretty sure that my throttle free play is okay as well, it's not too much. Do you have have to use a different technique compared if you were just braking normally?

What are you hoping to achieve blipping the throttle whilst braking?

It's usually down on a downshift before re-engaging the clutch if you're into that sort of thing

Yeah that's what I want to do, rev match downshift while braking.

I use four fingers to brake, but if downshifting while braking I use my palm to blip the throttle. Then just let the clutch back out and come off the brake, as engine braking sets my speed, and back on the throttle.

It is done more like a twist of the hand poisiton so the fingers go up and the palm goes down, that way the palm pushes the throttle open and the fingers can keep the same pressure on the brake to avoid pulling harder on it.

With two-handed braking I think you just do something similar using your fingers on the throttle; lifting them up so they pull the throttle open, whilst keeping your hand steady on the brake.

Ideally though I suppose you should have your speed adjusted in good time to not need to still be on the brake when reengaging the engine, so come off the brake when pulling the clutch, then just shift down like normal. It is only when I misjudge a corner I need to do both together.

I think it's easier clutchless. Keep practicing untill it becomes second nature. You don't need to let off the brake.

Yeah I'm just gonna keep practising it. I also read somewhere that you should use your finger tips on the lever so you have more room to blip the throttle. Why is it easier without using the clutch then?

I use my outside 2 fingers for braking on road and all for track but that's just me.

Clutchless takes the guess work out of it a bit. With closed throttle, apply a bit of pressure to the gear lever then give the throttle a very quick blip. If you crunch it you need more, it you jerk forward you need less.