Clutch wrist pain?

Hoggydo

Hi guys,

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! I recently passed my bike test and have purchased a Honda CBR650f. I have noticed, even after relatively short rides of 40 miles or so, I am left having a very aching and tender left wrist? The clutch lever doesn't feel especially heavy to pull in but this is something I never experienced on my old 125 or even whilst I did my DAS. Please can I ask for any advice from more experienced riders? The clutch lever isn't adjustable so might new (adjustable) levers or a wrist support be appropriate?

Many thanks

Regards

Paul.

All I can really say to this is, you should get used to it

If you don't want to get used to it though, or you have small hands like me, you can get adjustable levers which means you dont have to reach as far, which may help

I had that on my old trx850, I sold the bike and now ride a more upright machine. I've not had the issue since.

Have you got the lever in a comfy position so that you aren't twisting your wrist? Maybe just a small tweak could be the answer by spinning it round the bars everyone slightly

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/28/aa67a8e506e8e0ee529e981ec0309931.jpg

Bit of googling or YouTube may help you

Are you pushing down on your wrists? Maybe you're being too rigid and tense on your new bike and need to loosen up a bit?

I find myself sometimes pushing down on the bars and have to remind myself to relax a bit when my wrists start to ache.

I get pains in my clutch hand wrist on my first few rides if I've not ridden for a while......but it soon disappears after a few more runs. But Paul Kent's post could have the answer......basically you want the levers angled such that they follow a straight line from your forearms when you're sat on the bike......if they're angled upwards like in the picture it puts a strain on your wrist when pulling the lever in repeatedly...... 8-)

When I had the same problem I found that rotating them 'south of the equator' so to speak - worked wonders.

This, Or get some adjustable levers as said above. I've got some £20 chinese specials on my ZX9 and they've done over 10k without any issues.

I had the same thing when I moved to my bigger bike, the pain was almost unbearable. After a few weeks it was fine. Your body just needs to adjust.

Every time I get my clutch adjusted the problem re-appears and then goes within a few hours/days!