Mod2 passed... Then what?

Guest fabicha

What do you reckon is the next step after getting your licence? I've heard about advanced riding skills programmes with driving schools, or specific trainings with associations/groups. What's the difference and what would you recommend?

When would you say it's time to consider it?

And would you have recommendations anyway for later? I've seen driving schools offer advanced training. And I've seen some organisations or associations do so too. Are they the same thing?

Also, riding skills and experience aside, I miss the mod1 training... My instructor told me people usually find it a pain, but I really enjoyed it a lot and had so much fun. I'm thinking about starting moto gymkhana for that reason, though they could well tell me the same thing as you, that I'm not experienced enough to start and should wait. The person I contacted hasn't replied to my email yet (sent it 1 month ago). I'll write again, but riding on the road, I'm not sure I'll get the same fun. I do get they complete each other and they're fun each in their own right but I just miss the fun I had while preparing Mod1 if it makes any sense. Trying to find an activity...

I'll check Bikesafe, thanks! I take it you were happy with it or know people who were?

Yeah, I did Bikesafe with Bonniebird a couple of years ago.......there's a classroom element on various aspects of safer riding and then an observed ride with a Police rider who give you feedback and advice on your riding......I found it very useful and a good starting place for going on to do advanced rider training..... 8-)

When I passed I asked my instructor a similar question about doing advanced riding courses etc.... his recommendation was to ride for a couple of years and then potentially look into those.

:stupid: Yes, ride for a while. You'll get more out of further training the more confident you are handling the bike.

Bikesafe is a great way into further training. It's just a few sessions, and you get some biker coppers to follow you and assess your ride. And it's not expensive - a lot cheaper than a training school would be.

When I passed I asked my instructor a similar question about doing advanced riding courses etc.... his recommendation was to ride for a couple of years and then potentially look into those.

Couple of years :eek2: I'd better move to the other side of the country to "upgrade" my commute and gain experience quicker :lol:

Thanks all for the reply, as usual :thumb: