Dazzled car lights ?

Classickid21

Hi,

I have started commuting to and from work up to 80 miles a day round trip, i find my self dazzled by lights in the dark ?

I don't wear glases, but i have been told about some yellow anti dazzle glasses ? Are they any good is there anything anyone can suggest?

I always look ahead, if you do that when they dazzle you, you should know what the roads going to do before you get there, that plus on a straight you can just aim to the left of the dazzling lights and you should be OK, that's what I've always done anyway

I have struggled with the dazzle to be honest. I wear glasses and also have a pinlock insert.

This I think is the problem, Pinlock inserts are not supposed to be worn at night for this very reason and the glasses will add to the problem. Guess how I know?

Yellow glasses do help but marginally. I find a good rant about helfrauds fitters helps afterwards.

Predictive riding is only solution, most car drivers texting use a simular system

Yellow glasses do help but marginally. I find a good rant about helfrauds fitters helps afterwards.

Predictive riding is only solution, most car drivers texting use a simular system

I hope predictive riding is nothing like the predictive text on my phone. :roll:

I hope predictive riding is nothing like the predictive text on my phone. :roll:

Would that mean you would duck the riding up and then be well and truly ducked :?

I have struggled with the dazzle to be honest. I wear glasses and also have a pinlock insert.

This I think is the problem, Pinlock inserts are not supposed to be worn at night for this very reason and the glasses will add to the problem. Guess how I know?

I was not aware of that. Thanks, will remove the insert before my next evening ride.

I was not aware of that. Thanks, will remove the insert before my next evening ride.

Remember without it you're probably going to steam up!

maybe im old but i just ride with the visor cracked :|

Right. Lots of comments in this thread and I can understand not using the coloured pinlock a at night, but would have thought the clear was ok,(I have not noticed any problems with my clear pinsert), so I sent a support question to Pinlock the response is below.

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

The clear Pinlock lenses are absolutely suitable to use at night, it is the other way around for the Dark Smoke lenses. It could be not convenient to use those at night because visibility then is really low. My advice for you is if you are struggling with changing the lenses then buy a Protectint lens, because this insert adjusts itself to the amount of UV-light. So at night it will be clear and over day it changes to from light smoke to dark smoke that depends on the amount of UV-light, if the sun is shining of course.

I hope this informed you enough, should you have any other questions please feel free to contac tme again.

Best regards,

Luca de Raad

Customer service

• 3 months later...

Remember without it you're probably going to steam up!

maybe im old but i just ride with the visor cracked :|

+1

Sent by Tigger from my Tablet

Also when there are bright lights your eyes are drawn to them like the proverbial rabbit, this just makes it worse, especially the instant after the lights have passed and you are in darkness again, look forward and into your gutter and let your peripheral vision do the proximity stuff. It's something my old dad told me years ago and it works for me [emoji108]

Also when there are bright lights your eyes are drawn to them like the proverbial rabbit, this just makes it worse, especially the instant after the lights have passed and you are in darkness again, look forward and into your gutter and let your peripheral vision do the proximity stuff. It's something my old dad told me years ago and it works for me [emoji108]

I have found this my best solution, I broke my visor a whilst ago and the only one I could get has a SLIGHT tint. I have found of a dark it is just enough to take the edge of allot of modern lights. Probably hinders seeing an unlit animal in the road but does help with oncoming cars, the tint is only VERY slight.

My clear visor is on back order so I can but wait...

Bloody twats this morning.

Blooming foggy in London and car drivers think it's smart to drive with full beam on. Near blinded me several times.

Also,the reason I'm doing 25 and tapping the rear brake is that I can hardly see my hand in front of me and you are right up my ass.

Atleast they had lights on. There were several cars this morning with no lights on. Suddenly looming up out of the fog :shock: