Loose cornering feel

Guest stormdot5

I've ridden my SV650S for quite a while now. I'm experiencing something when I'm in a corner with a reasonable amount of lean angle. If I go to adjust the rate of turn, when applying pressure to the handlebars there appears to be very little feedback from the bars themselves. It feels "loose". This is not confidence inspiring. Is this a normal response? What will happen if i push past this point? Two things to note, the front suspension was rebuilt last year, and also I weight about 8St 7lb.

I would check;

-tyre pressures

-wheel spindle tightness

-wheel bearings

-steering head bearings not tight enough

-suspension, looking for it to be too soft.

Edited by Anonymous

All the above.

Plus-have you got more confident, so you are now cornering harder without realising. Most bikes reach a point where it all loosens up a bit. Usually, just before you fall off. apart from my CX500 which was 5degrees from vertical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My first thought was squaring off of the tyres, then check everything for play and tightness, also many years ago I had a 250 honda superdream that felt like the frame was made of plastercine, turned out to be play in swingarm bearings,

As someone else said maybe your confidence has changed and you are pushing harder, don't over do it or it will become very loose especially this time of year, good luck jeff

Sent by Tigger from my Tablet