Low sun

Guest Speedy23

I was up Chorley way on Sunday with low sun and wet roads. I couldn't see a thing, especially mini-roundabouts and lane markings. So I just went dead slow. The bit I tend to forget is those times when I can see but other people are blinded - I've had a few near misses and then realised they were totally blinded.

Good shout as a reminder at this time of year.

I have in the past pulled over when the sun was blinding me.

One thing you can do is (if you get the chance) focus on the bumper or tyres of the car in front and as such you are looking down. This is not always possible and sometimes you just have to pull over and wait a few minutes. A very low sun can be deadly,

Better to plan - time you're journey than relying on others, if caught out pull in have a break or coffee. As the saying goes, better to arrive 20min late in this world than arrive far to early in the next

Better to plan - time you're journey than relying on others, if caught out pull in have a break or coffee. As the saying goes, better to arrive 20min late in this world than arrive far to early in the next

Doesn't work well if you're commuting though. :-)

Polarised sun glassed cut the glare pretty well.

Though it seems like common sense, it takes a video sometimes to really drive the point home.

Genuinely, thanks for the PSA. It's too easy to get over-confident, forget the dangers and it's so quick to all go wrong..

Keep it shiny side up all x

Pair of sun glasses under your seat for those low sun moments. It's no fu when you can't see.

Clean visor is paramount, the some sun glasses or one of those useless flip down internal visors are better than nothing.

Ouch that must have hurt

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clean visor is paramount, the some sun glasses or one of those useless flip down internal visors are better than nothing.

I really like the sun visor in mine, doesn't distort the vision at all which I've noticed in others, and it's really easy to use! :mrgreen:

Other thought is if your blinded by the sun so are the cars behind, so assume they have not seen you....

Possibly more important is the sun is low and behind you the chance are the cars in front of you have not seen you...

Ride safe...