Anyone know which are the cheapest adventure bikes with traction control?

newbiker90

New.. probably the 2019 NC750X

second hand.. there are others. but they will all be relatively new as TC is a fairly recent innovation on mid range (lower priced) machines. Though its been on the top of the range bikes for a few years now.

Yea having trouble best I found was 2015 models of honda nc750x £4.5k+

yes.. but that wont have traction control. if that is important then its the 2019 model. and its at most £7,100 for the manual bike. but there are deals to be had.

have it on PCP for £100 a month or less.

Yea having trouble best I found was 2015 models of honda nc750x £4.5k+

yes.. but that wont have traction control. if that is important then its the 2019 model. and its at most £7,100 for the manual bike. but there are deals to be had.

have it on PCP for £100 a month or less.

Guess the AD was lying to me haha, also on auto trader Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer 1237cc 2012 model with TC apparently

My 2015 Tiger 800 has TC. :D

No idea of value though.

I was thinking about that exact bike but I heard they have reliability issues?

Also do you think 5ft8 is tall enough for that bike? With boots on I am about 5ft9/5

I’ve not had any reliability problems in fact it has been totally reliable for the 18 months I’ve owned it, bought 2nd hand in July 2017. I’m also 5’8” and with the seat in the lowest position I can flat foot both sides. However it is a little top heavy and have initially dropped it several times when stationary, until I got used to it, causing some slight scuffing on the crash bars. Not dropped it for well over 12 months though so I guess I’m used to it now. The height and riding position makes the Tiger brilliant for town work, filtering is easy and it’s got plenty of oomph for when you need it without being silly powerful.

My 2015 Tiger 800 has TC. :D

No idea of value though.

Also do you think 5ft8 is tall enough for that bike? With boots on I am about 5ft9/5

I’ve not had any reliability problems in fact it has been totally reliable for the 18 months I’ve owned it, bought 2nd hand in July 2017. I’m also 5’8” and with the seat in the lowest position I can flat foot both sides. However it is a little top heavy and have initially dropped it several times when stationary, until I got used to it, causing some slight scuffing on the crash bars. Not dropped it for well over 12 months though so I guess I’m used to it now. The height and riding position makes the Tiger brilliant for town work, filtering is easy and it’s got plenty of oomph for when you need it without being silly powerful.

Awesome thanks for the info mate. Have you rid it through the winter months by any chance? How does it handle rain/leaves/muddy roads/icy roads etc?

Awesome thanks for the info mate. Have you rid it through the winter months by any chance? How does it handle rain/leaves/muddy roads/icy roads etc?

Yes I ride all year round. I had new Bridgestone tyres fitted when I collected it from the dealer and they have handled ice, snow, mud and some light green laneing without difficulty. But in those conditions you need to take extra care and not push your luck. The worst was last winter where the water running off the fields turned the roads into an ice rink. Had to take it very carefully.

Yes I ride all year round. I had new Bridgestone tyres fitted when I collected it from the dealer and they have handled ice, snow, mud and some light green laneing without difficulty. But in those conditions you need to take extra care and not push your luck. The worst was last winter where the water running off the fields turned the roads into an ice rink. Had to take it very carefully.

Yea I can imagine, so like 25mph in those conditions ?

Second hand gs is where it's at. 2011 twin cam triple black particularly. :lol:

Thanks I will check it out, what CC?

DW saw your sig

I'm being a cheeky bugger as mine is up for sale

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68695

Very good bike but by no means the cheapest or cheapest to run. They're a 1200 but very manageable with it. Weight held well, comfortable as hell and nice power delivery.

Second hand gs is where it's at. 2011 twin cam triple black particularly. :lol:

DW saw your sig

Very good bike but by no means the cheapest or cheapest to run. They're a 1200 but very manageable with it. Weight held well, comfortable as hell and nice power delivery.

At the price range would rather get VSTROM650 2018 or even 2016 africa twin, 2018 honda nc750x list goes on haha

DW saw your sig

At the price range would rather get VSTROM650 2018 or even 2016 africa twin, 2018 honda nc750x list goes on haha

You'll just have to go sit on some and test ride when you get your full licence. I'd also thoroughly recommend this place

https://www.adventurebiketraining.co.uk

Spending some time on a big adventure bike off road will give you confidence on road and let you see what traction control etc is really about