Number plates

Alpha-Wolf

Hi all ,

I've seen a few of the old type number reg plate on modern bikes "black with silver numbers/ letters "

I have only known them to be on a vintage bike.

I've always thought yellow and black only?

Or is this something new ?

Cheers in advance.

Vehicle Must be older than 1975.

And registered with DVLA as a “historic” vehicle - otherwise it’s illegal for any vehicle registered after 1st January 1973 to display them.

https://insidedvla.blog.gov.uk/2015/11/17/whats-the-story-with-black-and-silver-number-plates/

Vehicle Must be older than 1975.

And registered with DVLA as a “historic” vehicle - otherwise it’s illegal for any vehicle registered after 1st January 1973 to display them.

https://insidedvla.blog.gov.uk/2015/11/17/whats-the-story-with-black-and-silver-number-plates/

Im sure thats a detail that gives a lot of owners sleepless nights.

and it only matters if the ANPR flags it up. if it doesn't then it doesn't matter.

do ANPR gadgets recognise all other illegal plate types? i dont know.. nor do I much care, not a day goes by without me seeing at least 1 example of an illegal number plate on a car or motorbike. The owners dont seem to care. The police dont seem to care either. so.. it comes down to whether the MOT cares enough to fail the vehicle. Or at least do 'something'.

This all comes about due to greed.. its all about making money. number plates are all about making money. I blame the EU (again) for forcing this country to have the most recognisable number plates in the entire continent. And forcing a level of individuality upon us so that some plates are worth millions of pounds.. with the government raking it in from direct sales and tax on sales of plates.

this is what 'taking back control' is all about. innit.