Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
Message
Author
User avatar
Joeman
Posts: 10966
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:25 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Location: Sevenoaks, UK
Has Liked: 1281 times
Been Liked: 1250 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#61 Post by Joeman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Still doesn't explain how any Muppet with a car license can hire a 125cc moped here in Santorini and ride it without L-plates or a CBT.
Image

User avatar
Gerontious
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm
Gender: Male
Location: I get about.
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 523 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#62 Post by Gerontious » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Joeman wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 pm
Still doesn't explain how any Muppet with a car license can hire a 125cc moped here in Santorini and ride it without L-plates or a CBT.
Marks bikes Santorini.

MOTORCYCLES AND SCOOTERS FAQ

What are the experience requirements?
You must be 23 years of age. You should have at least two years riding experience for middleweight or large displacement motorcycles. You must hold a valid CE Driver's Licence category AM or M (for motorcycles up to 50cc), A1 (up to 125cc) or A (for all motorcycles). Alternatively, you must have an International Drivers Licence with class A endorsement. Passengers can be ridden on all bikes

Why is there a test ride?
Our insurance requires it. Be honest with us and yourself. If you are a safe, competent rider who knows his limits and is currently riding you'll have no problem. If you can not demonstrate safe operation of our bikes, we will refund any deposit, but we will not rent you one.
thats what they say... but... Greece. And 120 miles from any official in Greece who might possibly be bothered.

User avatar
elizabethf
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Bike(s): Honda CBR Repsol
Location: Lincoln
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 62 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#63 Post by elizabethf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Speedy23 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm
elizabethf wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:05 am
Joeman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Are you really that shady that false accusations will stick??
Maybe the problem isn't with the police... Just saying...
My thoughts exactly! There's nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide!

Yes there's bad police but there's bad people in every profession, if you've done nothing wrong, there's nothing they can actually 'stick' on you, even if you end up at the police station.
Really? Stefan Kiszko would have been pleased to know that....
If we listed all the people called guilty but were actually innocent we could be here all day. Id still safely assume its a minority incident. Quite an extreme case too, and I think when such happens there's surely more robust measures in place for not only compensation for the victim but consequence for those that charged/arrested/convicted without solid enough evidence.

In fact, 'not ENOUGH evidence' is why many people who have committed offences these days walk free, so it works both ways?

Also Stefan's case is a much bigger deal than pulling someone and stopping them because they couldn't be bothered to put L plates on. Or refusing to talk to the police because you're shady AF.

User avatar
elizabethf
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Bike(s): Honda CBR Repsol
Location: Lincoln
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 62 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#64 Post by elizabethf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 pm

That's 'you're shady' plural by the way, not assuming YOU singular are shady hahaha. :lol:

User avatar
Speedy23
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 1300A
Location: nr Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire
Has Liked: 82 times
Been Liked: 159 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#65 Post by Speedy23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 pm

elizabethf wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 pm
That's 'you're shady' plural by the way, not assuming YOU singular are shady hahaha. :lol:
.....but now you come to mention it...... :roll:
Oh my God, what's happened? I don't know man...I just got here myself!

User avatar
Mickly
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Location: Coventry
Challenge Score: 450
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 134 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#66 Post by Mickly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm

I do not consider myself shady at all but have suffered from Police intimidation and bullying.
I have been hit with batons, thrown in a meat wagon, stopped going about my normal (legal) business, verbally abused in front of friends and family, denied access to legal representation, denied access to my own home, suffered a campaign that saw me stopped and searched at least twice a week over a period of months.
After all this I do not have a police record ( except Roxanne - before some smart arse gets there first ) and I very much doubt the police made any record of their actions.
Now all of this was courtesy of West Midlands Police in the late 70's - early 80's.
As a result I have a very cynical view of the Police and their motives.
I am not rude or insulting but they get the absolute minimum of info from me - name, rank and serial number - that is all!!

I appreciate that peoples opinions are formed by their experiences and that the majority have not had the same experience as me and hence have a different view of the police
10/10 Pubs
10/10 SW
10/10 Midlands

User avatar
Speedy23
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 1300A
Location: nr Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire
Has Liked: 82 times
Been Liked: 159 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#67 Post by Speedy23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Mickly wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm
I do not consider myself shady at all but have suffered from Police intimidation and bullying.
I have been hit with batons, thrown in a meat wagon, stopped going about my normal (legal) business, verbally abused in front of friends and family, denied access to legal representation, denied access to my own home, suffered a campaign that saw me stopped and searched at least twice a week over a period of months.
After all this I do not have a police record ( except Roxanne - before some smart arse gets there first ) and I very much doubt the police made any record of their actions.
Now all of this was courtesy of West Midlands Police in the late 70's - early 80's.
As a result I have a very cynical view of the Police and their motives.
I am not rude or insulting but they get the absolute minimum of info from me - name, rank and serial number - that is all!!

I appreciate that peoples opinions are formed by their experiences and that the majority have not had the same experience as me and hence have a different view of the police
Just askin' why - did you look like a "suspect"? Not takin' the pee.....

In the late 70's A mate of mine fell foul of the WMP Serious Crimes Squad because he happened to be black....he was arrested at work (the Austin) on night shift and was accused of stealing car parts - although there was no evidence - he was just walking to the canteen at about 0200 past an area that the cops had staked out. Long story short, he got hauled off to Northfield police station where he was badly beaten up in an attempt to get him to confess. During his "interview", one of the arresting officers asked a passing probationer constable to get some paper towels to clean the blood up. To his eternal credit, the probie reported the abuse. My mate got off, was compensated and the SCS bast*rds got sent down. BUT if that kid had not been brave enough........ :shock: Not long after, WMP SCS was disbanded.

So I know where you're coming from. And I know we're not out of the woods yet.
Last edited by Speedy23 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh my God, what's happened? I don't know man...I just got here myself!

User avatar
Gerontious
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm
Gender: Male
Location: I get about.
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 523 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#68 Post by Gerontious » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:25 pm

I had my front door smashed in by west midlands police in 1987 and was carted off to the station for questioning. they had targeted the wrong flat.

User avatar
Mickly
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Location: Coventry
Challenge Score: 450
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 134 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#69 Post by Mickly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Speedy23 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 pm
Mickly wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm
I do not consider myself shady at all but have suffered from Police intimidation and bullying.
I have been hit with batons, thrown in a meat wagon, stopped going about my normal (legal) business, verbally abused in front of friends and family, denied access to legal representation, denied access to my own home, suffered a campaign that saw me stopped and searched at least twice a week over a period of months.
After all this I do not have a police record ( except Roxanne - before some smart arse gets there first ) and I very much doubt the police made any record of their actions.
Now all of this was courtesy of West Midlands Police in the late 70's - early 80's.
As a result I have a very cynical view of the Police and their motives.
I am not rude or insulting but they get the absolute minimum of info from me - name, rank and serial number - that is all!!

I appreciate that peoples opinions are formed by their experiences and that the majority have not had the same experience as me and hence have a different view of the police
Just askin' why - did you look like a "suspect"? Not takin' the pee.....

In the late 70's A mate of mine fell foul of the WMP Serious Crimes Squad because he happened to be black....he was arrested at work (the Austin) on night shift and was accused of stealing car parts - although there was no evidence - he was just walking to the canteen at about 0200 (he was on nights) past an area that the cops had staked out. Long story short, he got hauled off to Northfield police station where he was badly beaten up in an attempt to get him to confess. During his "interview", one of the arresting officers asked a passing probationer constable to get some paper towels to clean the blood up. To his eternal credit, the probie reported the abuse. My mate got off, was compensated and the SCS bast*rds got sent down. BUT if that kid had not been brave enough........ :shock: Not long after, WMP SCS was disbanded.

So I know where you're coming from. And I know we're not out of the woods yet.
Spooky - I was an apprentice at the Austin in the late 70's
Why was I targetted?
The way I dressed ( punk )
The friends I hung round with - some were of West Indian heritage
Being a football fan
Having a posh girl friend who lived in a posh area that I frequently walked through late at night
Refusing to kiss their arses
Drinking in pubs that they considered problematic
Riding a motorbike
Who really knows.
10/10 Pubs
10/10 SW
10/10 Midlands

User avatar
Bender
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 462 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#70 Post by Bender » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Ohh violent police stories

Things were more violent a few decades ago.

When I was young, I followed an unmarked car that had left the nightclub, I was waiting to pick my sister up prob sounds an odd thing to do i know but I was bored and the local nick was less than a mile away, luckily my little s3 landy kept up with the granada, it was like a bad chase from the professionals, from the vantage point afforded me from standing on the roof I watched over the wall as they gave him a damn good hiding before dragging him inside, sounds terrible but I though good job.


The reason they came for him, well he had been arguing with the doorman and was being a prick of the first degree, 2 lady police women came to calm the situation while Mr policeman stood back and chatted to some of the girls waiting to get in, either they thought nothing of it or maybe they thought the women would be more calming, he immediately head butted one and felled the other with one punch, Mr brave policeman held back at a safe distance to enable himself to call for help and not end the night in A and E, as first pcw started to try and get up he kicked her in the head, I was out of the car and on way to a good hiding, I hate violence against women, any how the bouncer had decided to step up and with the aid of a punter sat on him, all happened very quickly but the pcw, s were in a right mess, Mr pc was very good at securing the area, took about 2mins from start to finish, head butt to unmarked car.

Did 2 wrongs make a right nope, was it justified yes, legal no
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

User avatar
Mickly
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Location: Coventry
Challenge Score: 450
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 134 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#71 Post by Mickly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Bender wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 pm
Ohh violent police stories

Things were more violent a few decades ago.

When I was young, I followed an unmarked car that had left the nightclub, I was waiting to pick my sister up prob sounds an odd thing to do i know but I was bored and the local nick was less than a mile away, luckily my little s3 landy kept up with the granada, it was like a bad chase from the professionals, from the vantage point afforded me from standing on the roof I watched over the wall as they gave him a damn good hiding before dragging him inside, sounds terrible but I though good job.


The reason they came for him, well he had been arguing with the doorman and was being a prick of the first degree, 2 lady police women came to calm the situation while Mr policeman stood back and chatted to some of the girls waiting to get in, either they thought nothing of it or maybe they thought the women would be more calming, he immediately head butted one and felled the other with one punch, Mr brave policeman held back at a safe distance to enable himself to call for help and not end the night in A and E, as first pcw started to try and get up he kicked her in the head, I was out of the car and on way to a good hiding, I hate violence against women, any how the bouncer had decided to step up and with the aid of a punter sat on him, all happened very quickly but the pcw, s were in a right mess, Mr pc was very good at securing the area, took about 2mins from start to finish, head butt to unmarked car.

Did 2 wrongs make a right nope, was it justified yes, legal no
Non of the kickings I got were justified like that - I once got roughed up for laughing at a copper who got hit with a pie, now I know that the pies sold then in some football grounds at that time were a health hazard but there was no need to try and kick me in the knackers then baton me and throw me out of the ground in the face of the opposing fans.
10/10 Pubs
10/10 SW
10/10 Midlands

User avatar
Bender
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 462 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#72 Post by Bender » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

@Mickly I'm under no illusion that un justified things also took place, was the only instance of proper police brutality I have to this day come across as in being there to witness it.
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

kierang1994
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:09 pm
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#73 Post by kierang1994 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Wow so many upset middle age men getting angry haha. But I guess if you have no other life than,chatting shit online behind a keyboard...then it's what keeps you happy :) (Old Fools)

As for the offence I already said it was my fault, I'm not arsed about the fine, or the fact I even did it, or some stupid childish comments.....it's for the fact the copper failed to get me on 'stealing a bike' 'drink driving' and 'drug driving' After 3 attempts to get me on ANY of these he failed and went with the only offence commited....(The L plates)

Also not that we need to go into childless arguments, infact that's why I don't even use Facebook anymore, but he was on me from the start. Even asking stupid questions, I was going maybe 15-20mph off a roundabout. At 8:30pm.

There was
No speeding
No 'gansta' clothing.
No disrespect given
Just one fat bast*rd on his own, jerking off to pics of his ex wife on his beat 🤣🤣🤣

User avatar
Bender
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 462 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#74 Post by Bender » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Hey they got Al capone on tax fraud, didn't mean he didn't do all the stuff they really wanted him on.

So your not bothered about the bike or the fine, dude you need to get a life and get out some more, walking is good to clear the head 👍
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

User avatar
Yeldur
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Sinnis Stealth, Streetfighter MK1 Bandit
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 36 times

Re: Bike impounded & to be crushed! Over L plate

#75 Post by Yeldur » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 pm

fastbob wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 pm
Yeldur wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm
kierang1994 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:16 pm
Hi guys, I'm really new to this but I had to ask as I can't find anything online where someone has been punished this dam hard.

I have a small Yamaha yzf r125 2014 modle
Nothing fancy, and I was stopped for not having my L plates. ( Yes my fault, totally admitted as much)

No I expected a causion "go to the end of the road, use the 24/7 Asda and get some you tit" type of causion.

Nope, he threw me in the car, alcohol tested me, then drug tested me, then said he's taking my bike to be crushed unless I pay £150 within ten days, £20 storage per night & a £100+ fine for the actual offence ?

What the f**k man ? What ever happen to warnings ?
Is this how it should be ? ( Please no ex police on a hype) your kind really make me sick how you treat people.
Cheers guys hit me up with some info.
Regards.
There's your mistake. You admitted fault. Don't talk to the police.

Where's this subversive claptrap coming from ? This advice is only of interest to wrongdoers and law breakers .
Wrong. Sorry you can't see it. Police aren't here to help, they don't care about who you are or what you do, they care about getting convictions. I would go more into why you're wrong but the video already explains it perfectly. As the video states: Over 50% of ALL prosecutions are because due to suspects TALKING to the police. I'm guessing that you're a police officer or have some sort of relation with one hence why you're so blindly following them, your argument is the same that police will make to abuse their rights "Why don't you let us search you? If you have nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear" - "Why don't you tell us your details? If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear" - Wrong. You have everything to fear from police.

I don't dislike the police at all, I think they are a fundamental part of this country, because they're here to protect us from crime. There are plenty of officers that abuse that right and use their powers for bad, but there are also plenty of heroic officers that protect us from harm. However, it's because that they are such a fundamental part of this country that I won't talk to them, because the police are here to get convictions, they don't care whether you're a bad person or whether you're a good person.
Joeman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 pm
So much paranoia regarding the police!!
Do you people have regular runins with the law where you fear you're going to get prosecuted for something you've not done??
Are you really that shady that false accusations will stick??
Maybe the problem isn't with the police... Just saying...
I've never been stopped, spoken, or had any form of contact with police apart from when I was a child cycling my bicycle on the path and the policeman told me to slow down a bit. Never been prosecuted for a crime, have no criminal record and have only been caught for speeding once by a speeding camera of which there was no legal action taken, no points accrued.

I'm clean, but I'm not stupid. If you want a reason why I don't trust the police you should watch more of Crimebodges videos, there are so many different cases of the police abusing their rights because they THEMSELVES do NOT know the law. And those are just the recorded ones on this channel, think about how many more cases there are out there.

I'll clarify again, I don't think the police force are bad for anyone, I think they're fundamental to this country as there has to be some semblance of law and order, however, trusting the police to know every law and every right is stupid and doesn't happen because they don't. It's your job to know your rights and if you feel better by trusting the police to know it all for you then I feel bad for you. I'll also clarify that there are police force members out there who do help out this country and focus on actual criminals as opposed to abusing their powers, but there are also plenty that do abuse them, hence why I don't trust any.
Current Bike: Sinnis Stealth 125 + Streetfighter MK1 Bandit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot] and 2 guests