AA man hero.

Stubber

On a ride out last night, about 20 riding from Crewe to the raven just outside whitchurch.

One of the lads suffered a rear puncture, luckily for him the AA patrol following saw him pull in, offered to plug it and he was back on the road within 10 mins. Not all heroes wear capes, some drive AA vans wearing shades. (Cool as f**k).😎

I would suggest putting this message on either TheAA Twitter account or Facebook if you hold such things as this can be fed back to the Patrol and can result in a commendation if they can be traced .

It has made me think of breakdown cover. My insurance gives me breakdown cover up to 20 miles from home. Don't think this is enough really.

Personally I don't think it's enough either, most the time folk break down when they are miles away from home. From personal experience that this!

I would suggest putting this message on either TheAA Twitter account or Facebook if you hold such things as this can be fed back to the Patrol and can result in a commendation if they can be traced .

Or sacked for not.making you join up at a high cost as you had broken down before joining ..

Or sacked for not.making you join up at a high cost as you had broken down before joining ..

Sadly you have no idea do you ....

Just to be clear , I am guessing that the biker with the puncture was not an AA member and that the AA man fixed the tyre free of charge as an act of pure altruism . That being the case then yes , all praise to the chap . :salute:

Out of interest , does anyone remember AA emergency telephone boxes ? I actually came across one about 16 years ago tucked back among the trees in the village of Beadnel in Northumberland . Well , out if curiosity I've just had a look on Google Maps and lo and behold it's still there ! How odd . :scratch:

Screenshot_20190720-141316.thumb.png.d2b4ca95cfe86d6f24c085e83553dbd3.png

Out of interest , does anyone remember AA emergency telephone boxes ? I actually came across one about 16 years ago tucked back among the trees in the village of Beadnel in Northumberland . Well , out if curiosity I've just had a look on Google Maps and lo and behold it's still there ! How odd . :scratch:

Only 19 left in the country ( in situ)

https://www.theaa.com/about-us/aa-history/timeline#aatelephoneboxes

https://www.theaa.com/newsroom/news-2012/aa-telephone-box-centenary.html

that looks well hidden you would struggle to find it at night :scratch:

that looks well hidden you would struggle to find it at night :scratch:

You certainly would . I think it's probably maintained as a curiosity rather than a working box . There is a little beaten path leading to it though . This is actually the best view I can get using Streetview because the camera appears not to have looked directly at it .

That's the on B1340 (Alnwick–Bamburgh), 1/4 mile north of Beadnell, I had a piss up against it.

That's the on B1340 (Alnwick–Bamburgh), 1/4 mile north of Beadnell, I had a piss up against it.

Why does that not surprise me . I discovered it because I was stuck in Beadnel for 72 hrs waiting for a carburettor needle to arrive from Robinson's Suzuki . Actually it's in Beadnel itself about three hundred yards before the road turns to follow the coast to Seahouses . I probably had a piss BEHIND it because I have some respect for our cultural heritage .

Screenshot_20190720-230637.thumb.png.689ba4c63af98935b4b4a7557a10518a.png

Now that would be a challenge if you had a lot of spare time and petrol money . Visit all 19 of Britain's remaining in situ AA boxes . To the best of my knowledge I've been to two. Beadnell and Devils Bridge ( Wales )

Just to be clear , I am guessing that the biker with the puncture was not an AA member and that the AA man fixed the tyre free of charge as an act of pure altruism . That being the case then yes , all praise to the chap . :salute:

Yep he wasn't a member of the AA.

Yep he wasn't a member of the AA.

Top bloke .

Sadly you have no idea do you ....

Really ?? Is this day and age some jobs worth in the AA finding out there is an AA patrolman fixing NON AA members cars for free while not offering them /more like making them join up yea I bet there will be some jobs worth looking to brown nose a bosses ass look at me attitudes..

Really ?? Is this day and age some jobs worth in the AA finding out there is an AA patrolman fixing NON AA members cars for free while not offering them /more like making them join up yea I bet there will be some jobs worth looking to brown nose a bosses ass look at me attitudes..

I think Tim actually working for the AA would know whether it's safe to post on Facebook or twitter about it!

I think Tim actually working for the AA would know whether it's safe to post on Facebook or twitter about it!

Exactly , Having posted this on the works internal system it raised a lot of acknowledgement to that patrol who also managed to locate who it was and they are aware of the thanks .

Exactly , Having posted this on the works internal system it raised a lot of acknowledgement to that patrol who also managed to locate who it was and they are aware of the thanks .

The guy truly is the AA hero at work now! 8-)