Is solo ride legal excercise?

Valko

With 1.5 miles between shop and home surely some of the other 5 your shopping for could sub you 20 quid for petrol which should cover shopping for more than a month.... Unless of course your upping being a twat and just using it as an excuse to ride the bike

With 1.5 miles between shop and home surely some of the other 5 your shopping for could sub you 20 quid for petrol which should cover shopping for more than a month.... Unless of course your upping being a twat and just using it as an excuse to ride the bike

I'm not shopping for 5 people, just me and my missus and 4 cats, and the cats are tight fekkers and won't put their hands in their pockets :lol: :thumb:

It's [mention]jafman[/mention] that's shopping for others :thumb:

I'm a key worker twice over, the roads are heaven out there. No not been on my motorbike though, might get it warmed up ready for tomorrow though.

I would have a very close look at the weather forecast before making that decision if I were you.

Cheers

Ian

Had a solo ride today to take some stuff in for my hospitalised wife. Also got a face to face chat with one of her primary carers. Could so easily have burnt off some rage on the way home but I was good. Still building a pressure head of steam though.😠

Had a solo ride today to take some stuff in for my hospitalised wife. Also got a face to face chat with one of her primary carers. Could so easily have burnt off some rage on the way home but I was good. Still building a pressure head of steam though.😠

How is your wife doing [mention]S-Westerly[/mention]? Is she likely to be in there long?

Well it gets worse. My wife is bipolar and has been since 1984. She goes long periods without any manic episodes and never gets depression and needs no drugs in these times. This time the interval was 8 years so not bad. However this has been a particularly bad episode and she's in a bad way - worst I've seen in fact ( this is the 6th time). To cap it all half an hour ago I got a call to say she'd started coughing so was being moved to another ward to be tested for Covid 19. We then have anything between 24 and 72 hours to wait for a result. Depending on that result is where we go next.

Life sometimes is full of shit.

• 1 month later...

Well it gets worse. My wife is bipolar and has been since 1984. She goes long periods without any manic episodes and never gets depression and needs no drugs in these times. This time the interval was 8 years so not bad. However this has been a particularly bad episode and she's in a bad way - worst I've seen in fact ( this is the 6th time). To cap it all half an hour ago I got a call to say she'd started coughing so was being moved to another ward to be tested for Covid 19. We then have anything between 24 and 72 hours to wait for a result. Depending on that result is where we go next.

Life sometimes is full of shit.

Crossing my fingers for you mate.

You don’t have idea what I have to go through before even to take trip to Croatia. It is pure business trip, I have to renew my work certificates that’s are all released in croatia. I didn’t want to travel by plane and my wife she need a car on daily basis. So motorbike is the option.

French permits, German, Austrian, Croatian and still no guarantee they will let me cross their borders.

I believe it is a way OTT,

Good luck. I guess you can avoid some borders but not all and are any hotels open as it's a long way to go non-stop.? Roads should be quieter though. Is your bike UK registered as that may make life difficult for you?

Good luck. I guess you can avoid some borders but not all and are any hotels open as it's a long way to go non-stop.? Roads should be quieter though. Is your bike UK registered as that may make life difficult for you?

Yes it is uk registered bike, that could be negative,

I really try to avoid hotels,motels and any place where to many people are close to each other. I will just stop on some rest place by the motorway and sleep few hours under the sky’s even if rain is very possible

..... I really try to avoid hotels,motels and any place where to many people are close to each other. I will just stop on some rest place by the motorway and sleep few hours under the sky’s even if rain is very possible

I wish you success - please let us know how it all goes.

A full trip report with pictures would be great ! :D

I am not sure that will be lot of pics, it is business trip believe or not, 100% on motorways.

However all experience will be updated here if someone else will need to travel this way.

I am not sure that will be lot of pics, it is business trip believe or not, 100% on motorways.

However all experience will be updated here if someone else will need to travel this way.

Nothing to stop you taking a camera with you :lol: :thumb:

Nothing to stop you taking a camera with you :lol: :thumb:

Unfortunately gopro is in the luggage that still didn’t arrive after 3 weeks from Norway, but I will try to take some pics along the way with my phone