Thinking of getting smh5, I only need comms for me and my missus and get directions from GPS can anyone tell me if this unit is capable, going up to the 10s has features that I really don't need any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My son with an SMH5 is having issues with not being able to hear me above 50 mph or so, he just gets wind noise, but its not a normal complaint, so I'm wondering if there's just a setting I need to change. It's not the microphone on my 10U transmitting wind noise to him, as my wife can hear me perfectly at 80mph on a phone call. Its definately an issue with his unit not mine, but maybe I just need to change a setting, or maybe he just has a really noisy helmet.

The secret to all intercoms is to get the speakers in EXACTLY the right place, just 5 to 10 millimetres away from the ear can make a huge difference, also microphone placement is important as well. Don't rely on the recess for speakers if your helmet has them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey matt.66, did you have any luck with a Sena smh5? I need an intercom for the same job, GPS directions and pillion intercom. I`m not sure I`d use it for anything else. Did you buy one and did it work for you?