BIKE MAGS

Guest Father zEd

<t>Which is your favourite bike magazine?</t>  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite bike magazine?

• BIKE
    • Performance Bikes
    • Ride
    • Two
    • SuperBikes
    • FastBikes
    • Classic Bike
    • Classic Bike Guide
    • Classic Motorcycle
    • Back (door) Street Heroes

Which is your favourite bike magazine? I haven't included MCN cos' thats weekly, or What Bike - as thats quarterly.

I did try to put up other choices, but theres a limit on the Polls, so I just put up what I perceived as the main titles...

Edited by Anonymous

Here's some mind-numbing stats for you - The circulation figures for the last 6 months:

Bike 90,013

SuperBike 50,023

Ride 49,764

Two 37,445

Performance Burks 34,120

Fast Bikes 30,227

I tend to read most of the publications every month, including MCN. Costs me a small fortune :shock:

I stopped buying PB a long time ago though - used to be great, but has gone badly downhill of late.

I also don't think Bike is on top form lately - they keep coming up with these daft "top gear"ish ideas - I'm more interested in the bikes themselves than daft antics.

Ride is extremely good - tends to have the best product tests, and the best road tests - and usefully, good 2nd hand buy guides...

Two seems a bit pooie.. don't usually get that.. And FastBikes and SuperBikes have suprised me over the last few months -> they are well known for their pictures of girlies in the niff... but have had some really informative articles too...

Then of course, you've got BackDoor Heroes... Ummmm right.... well...

least said the better eh! :wink: :lol:

Guest nigelf

BSH for me... not just for the power rangers type loads of good info. All the rest seem to be just for sports bike riders....

Nigel Fenton

BSH for me... not just for the power rangers type loads of good info. All the rest seem to be just for sports bike riders....

Nigel Fenton

I would agree with you as regards FastBikes & SuperBike Nigel,

but Ride, Two and Bike regularly cover everything you could imagine -

cruisers, tourers, dirtbikes, first-bikes... you name it... Try a copy of Ride, I doubt you'd be disappointed :D

Guest markchris

I used to buy them all at one time,do buy Superbike a fair bit, but have jus subscribed to Motorcycle sport and leisure, which makes a change from just the latest sportsbikes with interesting articles such as touring abroad, real world road tests (Not just track based like a lot of them).

I subscribe to Performance Bikes, the article about dale doing the cannonball was so funny.

FastBikes is too much "your nowt if its not a gixer".

Superbike is too much look at us were nutters

Bike and Ride are good but too pricey.

Motorcycle Sport and Leisure is my must read cos its the only one not wetting themselves over the latest 'rev the nuts off it', penile extension, pocket rocket, every fking month YAAWWNNNNNZZZZZZZ. I like sports bikes and given a large enough wallet I'd have one (prob a gixxer thou) but they way most bike mags go on you'd think there was feckall else on 2 wheels. Rant over :P

Motorcycle Sport and Leisure :P

I read that sometimes.. and its not a bad mag...

I did try to include that in the survey.. but it said i had to remove some of the choices :(

i read any oof them no box for me to tick lol

i read motorcycle touring and leisure and used bike guide atm

Oh by the way ive got a st1100 pan now what a lovely relaxed bike at speed

thrilled to bits with it :D

Pete, yeah I've got an ST1100 as well as me Bandit and have been amazed at just how quick I can hustle her through the twisties, A712 Crocketford to New Galloway on 'skills review', voice of senior observer over the radio "erm, Dave you might like to ease off a bit remember your on the Panand she's a big old .......... oh feckit go on then".

lol its like that brotherinlaw followed me on gsx 1400 and he was well surprised till he had a go now he wants one so if any one out there wants a 2002 gsx1400 and has a PAN OR TOURER then contact me ill pass on the info u never know

cheers pete

Edited by Anonymous

I subscribe to Motorcycle racer - fantastic mag. I did subscribe to Superbike for about a year but it ended up being the same old pap month after month.

Used to subscribe to PB but it seemed to go down hill and now is little more than a comic book. Its TWO for me now. :thumb:

I said the same thing earlier in the thread Nigel - totally agree - has gone badly down-hill :!:

:D

EVOlutionary: will have a looksie at the Racer mag... always willing to try something new :wink: