If the law changed, would you always wear a helmet?

Hot_Stu

<t>If the law changed, would you wear a helmet?</t>  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If the law changed, would you wear a helmet?

• Yes... Always
    • No ... Never
    • Sometimes

Bloody hell....no question about it for me........without any doubt would wear it at all times.

2 kiddies depend on me......would be outrageous, stupid and selfish not to.

My opinion :D

I put yes...

I'm a bit up-tight about safety stuff ..... but with good justification I think.

Whilst being the best thing since Eve bent over, bikes still bring an element of risk to us...

Anything that reduces that risk has to be a good thing. ..

:D

I've said yes but I remember riding through the docks at Dover last year without my helmet on and it was a great feeling. Admittedly it was only at about 15 mph but fantastic none the less.

Altogether different on the road though.... Far too risky.... you'd have to be nuts!

Guest nigelf

I did the blackpool mayors parade last year along sea front with out a lid and it was brill but walking pace only.

Couldn't swear to always, but most probably, even for a trip to the shops.

Saw two young chappies today - one little chav on a t&g weaving in and out of traffic and overtaking on the nearside.

I felt very superior to him.

Then I saw some young bronzed Adonis on a trailie type in shorts and vest razzing through the traffic.

Felt rather jealous of him.

Bet you wudnt feel jealous when his bronze skin was spread all over the tarmac huh.

You think he would protect his lovely body!!

Bloody hell....no question about it for me........without any doubt would wear it at all times.

2 kiddies depend on me......would be outrageous, stupid and selfish not to.

My opinion :D

Me too... I've got a couple of kids as well..

I totally agree

Yeah I know what happens when skin meet tarmac - but it looked so much fun, a lot more than I was having in my crappy little car.

Yeah I know what happens when skin meet tarmac - but it looked so much fun, a lot more than I was having in my crappy little car.

Hmmm but surely it still would have looked fun had he being fully kitted out?

Having suffered gravel rash on a number of occasions I must say that I would always wear one.

Having ones head sandpapered with 80 grit or lumpier is not something that appeals.

Have been hit by a few things in the past. One item was a wheel nut off a lorry which was flicked up by a car and "I hit it" at 80mph. Got me in the shoulder as I had turned my head away and sat up. Would have hit me square in the forehead I think.

2 years ago got hit in the left pectoral just above me nipple by a piece of stone from between the rear tyres of a tipper truck. That stung.... Thank goodness for armoured jackets.....

The worst one was years back when I got hit by stones thrown up by a car and one the size of your average sprout hit me square on the knee cap.. That one made my eyes water and my knee cap turn yellow..

So much rather wear my helmet than take a hit on my bear head or face.. :salute:

Helmet always for me!

Sunshine or no I have kids and a new wife :wink:

I'd hate them not having me around to torment the living daylights out of 'em all!!

on the road ALWAYS too many tossers out there :evil:

in the fields depends what I'm doing, if I'm just checking stock then usually no lid (depends on the terrain) great feeling riding along with the wind blowing through whats left of my hair :evil:

but if I'm droving stock then the lid goes on cos you have to hammer it and do tight turns so guaranteed to come of at least once :shock: