Filtering and blocking!

<t>Which type does it most?</t>  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which type does it most?

• 4x4
    • German saloon type thing (Beemer/Merc)
    • Chav Chariot (souped up hatchback)
    • Clapped out old heap
    • Hairdresser's Car (poxy cabriolet type thing)
    • Other

OK, so it's rush hour, you're riding along a two or three lane road, and you come across heavy, slow-moving traffic.

You decide it's time to apply the motorbike rule of the road, namely "Sod you cars, buses and lorries, I'm filtering", and off you go, merrily filtering away between the boxes parked on either side of you.

Until . . . . . . .

One of them decides they don't like you beating the rush hour traffic on your accursed two-wheeled monstrosity, and blocks your progress by parking his vehicle in front of you.

The question is, who is this mysterious obstacle?

Just a thought, wondering if we could identify what type of vehicle is the biggest culprit?

Dunno really,

Can't say I've ever noticed a pattern but you didn't put Vans or Lorries on ????

I normally find clipping a mirror encourages them to move over :wink:

I normally get the miserable old sod! Doesn't matter what he's driving, but he's adamant on not letting me pass, so I bide my time and go round the offside when it's safe.

Then give him a wave :up:

I find it depends on where I am. Inside the M25 its the w**kers in their 3 series beemers. Outside its the Vans and old gits

Can't say really.

Just had a quick pootle and came across about a 2 mile queue - the only things that got in my way was the traffic coming the other way 8)

It's amazing how things are different from Continent to Continent, when i lived in England i used to drive between cars, trucks, whatever. here in Canada it's against the law!!! Been here that long i don't give it a second thought now. :?

Cant say i've noticed which one does it more than others but when it happens its usualy the midle aged something with 2.4 kids in the back

now theres another question who waves too the kids in the back of cars :lol:

now theres another question who waves too the kids in the back of cars :lol:

if i get blocked by some tosser with the kids in the back i wave to the kids

and give the V's to their dad :lol: :lol:

Guest nigelf

Blocked...? who gets blocked? get a police TAC hi vis vest and blue strobes... they all move out of the way.

Nigel

usually some dozy tosser in his MOT reject that does it on purpose, otherwise it can be any of the above simply coz it never occurs to them. I always wave back to the kids (future bikers) and always try to wave thanks to peeps that let me filter or pull in, if we all did this then they might finally get the idea that bikers aren't all a bunch of slack jawed to55ers and we can all get along better.

Guest David

Now thats an idea, I've only been back into biking since December and I have so far tried the nice approach. I.E. not overtaking at over 10K rpm and even letting cars out on the hope that drivers would remember it.

The problem with the above idea of course is that you might let the odd cager out of a junction but there are still at least a 1000 for every one you let out waiting to take you out in one way or another.

After a cpouple of close calls in the last week I'm now going down the other approach, race can and feck them all

Back to the original thread subject the people who block seem completely random although Merc's are at the top of my list at the moment.

White van man on M62 definately. Even had one force his way into the next lane to block me off when a kind (and really tasty) young lass gave me room to move across.

Favourite has to be convertibles with some oblivious t****r on his mobile phone. I find a good old fashioned backfire as you squeeze past has the desired effect! :twisted:

i tend to find its the 20-30 year old guy with the nice shiney new astra cc who things he is the most important human on the road,but soon changes his mind when you smash his new brake light,.........have you ever noticed how quickly they get back in the car when you get off the bike and they see your 6"1 lol to55ers

i tell what i do get alot of its the snotnose kids on there 50cc hairdryers trying to get me to race with them i could push my bike faster then they could go. soued up hatchback always trying to block me

Got two recent examples...

This one may cheer you up...

M3 north closed at Eastleigh followng a crash. I'm on my way to Fleet services to meet up with the gang for the trip to Assen. Joining the M3 from M27 and its stationary, so I'm filtering along at no more than 20mph when a car pulls across the lane in front of me into half a space. There's nowhere for me to go. I can't shuffle round her (its a woman driving, but thats no disparagy). I'm annoyed, but she's not making eye contact. Then a bike cop comes up behind me on his way to the closure. He beeps and I shrug my shoulders. Cars are bumper to bumper so he can't get round. He then dismounts and I'm thinking i'm getting booked for my race can, especially when he puts his hand on my shoulder! But he's just passing and begins giving the woman a bout of verbal about blocking vital emergency routes, gets the cars on either side to shuffle back and forth to allow her to move out of the way, then walks back to his bike, giving me a rolling eyes look as he passes :wink: .

The other happened the other day on the way back from Frome to Southampton. I'm filtering through a busy Salisbury city centre between two stationary lanes without a problem. My speed is barely registering on the speedo. The lanes then join into one, so I'm on the outside along the white line. Traffic on the other side is moving freely, when an old guy coming towards me flashes his lights and pulls across to towards the white line in an effort to block my path for no other reason than he doesn't like me filtering. I have my teenage son on the back, but have to brake hard on the dirty bit of the road before he swerves back. Now if a copper is watching, who is in the wrong? Me for filtering at a very safe speed, or him for driving dangerously and endangering the life of other road users???? Jeez, then mentality of some people :evil:

Gweev

Fella always saying so long as there is no solid white line separating two way traffic and you're not actually causing cars to swerve who are heading towards you, then you are ok to filter that way. Does that sound right?????

being short arse with teeny weeny little 125cc, i'm always getting cut up. so far its mostly women who completely pretend not to see me (my horn was useless so they can go as far as ignoring that too) and late 20's/early 30's men who probably managed to marry the only woman who refuses to sleep with him if he gets bike so he takes it out on us - i had one twat roll right up to my left foot peg so i couldn't put my foot down to balance when i tucked in infront of him. luckily fella with me on his bike so he pulled up to his window and gave him right mouth full. in future i'll just rest my foot heavily on their bumper. :twisted: