Honda cg 125

steve s

Sounds a little slow...but I think the max you'd see from it would be 60mph.

Has it been serviced? ie, new plug, air filter, oil, etc? That may make a difference if it hasn't been done recently...

Sounds a little slow...but I think the max you'd see from it would be 60mph.

Has it been serviced? ie, new plug, air filter, oil, etc? That may make a difference if it hasn't been done recently...

Agreed, oil on CGS/YBR with no filter should be changed every 1500 miles imo for it to run as it should.

Get an iridium spark plug, may make a difference.

i had one too that managed just about 60 on a straight road but they do tend to be a little slow off the mark.

used to do my head in as i couldnt overtake anything unless i was going downhill with a strong wind behind me and sails on :mrgreen:

well thanks all the other thing is whats the 5th gear for down hills only i would think as soon as i put it in 5th it starts to slow down on anything other that a dead flat road and even then over 40 has no acceleration ,so i tend to ride it in 4th.the thing is i want to do my mod 2 before Christmas so i will want to sell it on in the spring so i want it to run as well as poss for its new owner.its in very good condition just the lack of speed that lets it down .was thinking at 13 1/2 stone i was a little to heavy for it :oops:

Steve, I'm near Hastings normally , but I'll be at Blue boys cafe, Kippings Cross, A21 tomorrow from 1830. Pop down on yer bike and we'll have a look at it. Or have a ride down to my place in Northiam one day and we'll give yer bike a once over??? :mrgreen:

thanks for the offer mate may well take you up on it in the near future .as i said i only want to do my mod 2 on it and then it'll go into the garage until the spring .i have got a replacement for it ,an old (30 yrs) Honda superdream 250n.i wanted one about 34 years ago when i bought my first bike,ok it has taken me rather a long tine but i got there in the end .I'm pulling it apart at the moment not to restore it but just to give it a refurb and bloody good clean so as I'm not a mechanic i will probably be asking lots of silly questions over the winter .ill put some snaps on so you can all have a good laugh :lol:

My daughter, Rhiannon has a T reg CG125 with 20K on the clock and she reckons she can get 60mph out of it fairly easily.

I rode this bike back from Chesterfield when BonnieBird bought it......I'm 6'1" and nearer 15st...but I got 60 out of it on the A1.....but only on the flat or slight downhills.....up hills was a different story entirely......I had BonnieBird behind me in the car making sure other vehicles didn't cut in too close to me.... :roll:

Megawatt's advice is good (as usual) about changing the front sprocket as these bikes are a little over-geared in 5th..... 8-)

im as far west as you can go :D

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/stevetrina/bikes001.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/stevetrina/bikeinbits003.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/stevetrina/bikeinbits005.jpg

• 7 years later...