Have you ever...hit an animal/been hit by an animal??

BikerMooFromMars

Ollie was chatting to me this morning about a near miss with a retarded pidgeon. I once had a near miss with a squirrel as I was travelling at 50mph and it ran out in front of me - don't know how I didn't hit it, it literally ran out and did a jump and twisted its body so it wouldn't hit my front wheel! Anyone ever hit an animal/been hit by an animal? Being twatted in the face by a fly is bad enough!! :lol:

I was once hit by an animal when I cranked my scooter over....

He was telling me to pull over and let him off because he thought I was a mad bar steward....

Just because I was scraping the foot panels?..What's wrong with that?

Once I was out late night (early hours) and a baby rabbit was frozen in my headlights. Far too late to do anything about it, I felt its head hit my toe as I went past at about 70.

I have been slapped by a bitch, but then I dumped her.

:up:

I was once hit by an animal when I cranked my scooter over....

He was telling me to pull over and let him off because he thought I was a mad bar steward....

Just because I was scraping the foot panels?..What's wrong with that?

Eh? Have you been drinking? :lol:

Thankfully not on the bike, but in cars;

Deer - three, one dead, high speed which cased damage to the car. Two injured and hobbled off both low speed, one causing minor scratches.

Sheep - once at low speed, it rolled up the bonnet and for some reason I put the windscreen wipers on! It ran off and I had to stop to pick wool out of the wipers.

Fox - once at high speed, killed it and it damaged the front of the car.

Cats - two both at high speed and killed.

Birds - one at high speed, which snapped off the ariel

Midges - millions of them the wee bast*rds!!!

Wallaby - no seriously, thankfully it was a near miss, what a fright I got. That was going down Loch Lomond side and wallabies lived on one of the islands and would occasionally swim ashore.

Rabbits and pheasants, lots of close calls but never hit one.

All took place on country roads and my high rate is down to having driven many a mile on such roads when living in the wilds of Scotland. What is scary is any of the above strikes on the bike and it would be an off and a pretty horrible one at that.

One thing I did not do with any of the above was swerve. Swerving at speed is probably even more dangerous than hitting an animal when you are in a car. The even swerving is no guarantee of avoiding a daft animal running in front of you. I have been to an accident where there were skid marks, a dead rabbit who the driver still managed to hit and then a car on its roof in a field with the driver hurt, mainly seat belt injuries or else she would have been dead. Bikes are different, but I would still be inclined to brake as hard as I can to reduce the energy in any impact. The lower the energy in an impact the greater the survivability of the accident.

Thankfully not on the bike, but in cars;

Sheep - once at low speed, it rolled up the bonnet and for some reason I put the windscreen wipers on! It ran off and I had to stop to pick wool out of the wipers.

OMG Ollie and I in hysterics after reading that!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

A sheep... middle of the day was just in the middle of the road when I came around a corner.

A fox... riding back quite late at night and it just stood there in the middle of the road, was so close to hitting it.

A pigeon decided to fly straight into my face once...Luckily I had the lid down.

Was on the quad one night whilst on holiday in Ireland, was finishing up at the farm and then started heading back to the house. Near enough to the house I somehow goes over a bump...Odd I thought the land is flat, so I turned around and noticed I had run over a fox.

My grandfather wasn't so pleased...He's a fox himself.

Was on my way back from Pembroke one night after being with Selene for most of the day and instead of going on the duel carriage I decided to take the back roads home. I got near to Camarthen when a stray dog jumps at me from out of nowhere and tries it's luck...It was either me or the dog so I put it down...

Odd I thought the land is flat, so I turned around and noticed I had run over a fox.

...when a stray dog jumps at me from out of nowhere and tries it's luck...It was either me or the dog so I put it down...

So your grandfather's a fox and you "put down" a dog on your motorbike that would have caused you to have a massive accident? :bang:

A sheep... middle of the day was just in the middle of the road when I came around a corner.

Ouchies! Were you/the sheep ok?

I didn't actually hit it :shock: I think both parties involved shit themselves.

Odd I thought the land is flat, so I turned around and noticed I had run over a fox.

...when a stray dog jumps at me from out of nowhere and tries it's luck...It was either me or the dog so I put it down...

So your grandfather's a fox and you "put down" a dog on your motorbike that would have caused you to have a massive accident? :bang:

1) I was on about my grandfather's surname.

2) I had stopped to answer my phone before the dog came around ^^

1) I was on about my grandfather's surname.

2) I had stopped to answer my phone before the dog came around ^^

And failing to mention these made your post make no sense! :?

I shouldn't need to lol, and in case you haven't noticed already...Neither of my posts make sense! :D

Hit a cat many years ago.......just stunned it I think....I stopped to go back and see if it was OK......but the coffin dodger that I'd just overtaken came trundling along and went straight over it.....didn't even see it......so I got back on the bike and went.....the old fella squished it good and proper.....no point in checking it out....... :shock:

Hit a bird today (small one) - had to pick a few feathers out of my fly screen. Had one hit my leg a few years ago at about 70mph on the A1 which stung a bit

Clipped a cat years ago on a Honda CB100N at fairly low speed- think it was more annoyed than anything.

Hit a cat many years ago.......just stunned it I think....I stopped to go back and see if it was OK......but the coffin dodger that I'd just overtaken came trundling along and went straight over it.....didn't even see it......so I got back on the bike and went.....the old fella squished it good and proper.....no point in checking it out....... :shock:

So did the bike just go over it? I always thought you'd just come straight off if you hit anything bigger than a squirrel!

Poor kitty cat. And lol - not heard 'coffin dodger' for a while :lol:

Hit a bird today (small one) - had to pick a few feathers out of my fly screen. Had one hit my leg a few years ago at about 70mph on the A1 which stung a bit

Clipped a cat years ago on a Honda CB100N at fairly low speed- think it was more annoyed than anything.

Oh em gee! Did it crap itself all over the screen? haha! Yeah I bet the 70mph one hurt a lot!

Had a small bird fly in to my front wheel while at a decent speed! didnt feel a thing but saw a lot of feathers!

also ran over some sort of rodent while cranked over which made the front slip a tad!

Guest Hodgy

Coming down the A1 once, in the overtaking lane doing the legal limit, with my Ex's son on the back, a pidgeon hit me on the shoulder, it hurt like hell, kept the bike up and straight but it wasn't a pleasant experiance, my pillion was covered in feathers and guts though :D