Anyone ever heard of KSR Moto? Are they good?

Hoggs

I have no direct knowledge of KSR Moto but I have had a look at the company and this is my first opinion. What follows is largely guesswork based on information available on the internet.

KSR Moto is a recent newcomer to the 50cc to 125cc scooter and motorcycle sector.

They have quickly established themselves in the market as a builder of attractive and stylish machines. They have a wider range of scooters than motorbikes and have recently developed an electric scooter.

They have a broad dealer base spanning Europe and are based in Austria I can find no connection with china and this gives me faith in the product. By this I mean that KSR Moto machines are wholly designed and produced in house rather than rebadged third party products.

As a recent newcomer to the market they are likely to have customer satisfaction as a business driver and ethic however their machines may lack ongoing company support due to internal pressures following early rapid growth which may be difficult to sustain.

Personally I would prefer a more established manufacturer whose machines enjoy solid dealer support and easily available spares in the uk.

Probably cheap because you only pay for half a frame. Looks like a collection of Chinese bits " Remanufactured " in a European country to give it some credibility . Looking closely I notice that its an air cooled four stroke with a fake plastic radiator grill to make it look like a water cooled two stroke .

and are based in Austria I can find no connection with china and this gives me faith in the product. By this I mean that KSR Moto machines are wholly designed and produced in house rather than rebadged third party products.

KSR are a development and distribution company. they do not manufacture anything. given the price of the bikes they sell its fairly certain that they are produced in the far east. not only do they produce bikes badged KSR they also offer bikes for re-branding and advertise this on their Austrian website.. They are extremely secretive about the ultimate source of the bikes they supply. Though they are linked with various Chinese manufacturers particularly the owners of Benelli. amongst others.

KSR also owns Brixton motorcycles who produce classically styled bikes up to 250cc. as well as the Lambretta brand and those bikes are made in Taiwan.

Edited by Gerontious

Im not immediately concerned about bikes made in China.. it all depends on quality control and whether the bikes are made to typical Chinese or international standards. By which i mean.. for example, is the steel used in the engine, fame, gearbox and so on of the same standard/specification that the Japanese would use.. or is it some cheap rubbish that results in a throwaway bike.

do KSR demand the bikes supplied to them meet these standards... with the low final cost of individual bikes down to very low wage levels for the workers and lower costs due to mass production by an already established company.

Thats what it all boils down to in my view.

So far I am really liking my Chinese bike. I have nothing to compare it too which might help and maybe it’s a bit soon for things to go wrong. Going to do an oil change this week to look after her.

I stand corrected Gerontious thanks for the correction. And I agree Chinese manufacturers can produce quality products it is for me the rebadging of Chinese products that has greater risk as there could be an underhanded reason for it.

Apologies for what is not as correct a post as I had hoped it was.

Planning on keeping my cheap chinese bike in the best possible fashion. As fastbob pointed out you think its crap it behaves like crap. Got god oil for the next service and do love the thing!

Don't forget to put Holy Water in the radiator !

• 1 year later...

I had a KSR Worx to get some practice to take the test.

Its bike Chinese bits but Austria quality checks which seem not a bad option.

It has been very reliable and always started first time.

Its not the fastest machine tho. About 55mph is the best youll get.

Had it serviced by Speedemon in Atherton - good guys to use and the team next door have one in their group for CBT training

How is it a Chinese bike with Austrian quality ? I think I've seen these things . Do they have a red trellis frame that imitates a KTM ? Chinese is Chinese but then again Yamaha YB 125's are Chinese so you could argue that they are Chinese with Japanese quality . There is a difference between manufacturing and marketing . Crikey who wrote this , Boris Johnson ? https://www.ksr-moto.com/models/grs/

I guess it boils down to a trade off with cost and reliability with Chinese bikes. I had a bullit hunt 250 and I have to say no major issues this was on a 66 plate. Newer models are now fuel injected and linked brakes etc.

Some of the Brixton branded ksr bikes come in at around £1300 not a bad price

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163880357217

If I was after a Chinese commuter I'd probably look at one of these UM scramblers at £2099 they are liquid cooled and produce just under 15hp a little more hp and torque than most others. I believe they are US owned and linked to lexmoto

http://www.ummotorcycles.co.uk/models/UM125-SC