Bit depressed really...

emmajaneg

So, this morning I realised that beloved YBR 125 had been stolen. Not really sure how to feel as I've only owned it for nearly 3 months, and my insurance is only 3rd party :( This was my first bike and it was everything's to me, shown by the endless crying that's been going on.

Really sorry to hear that.

It's okay thank you, it wasn't in the best condition but I felt like I had the most precious thing ripped from me. I'm looking to apply for a credit card and treat myself to a new one

This

Really sorry to hear that.

And this too really

If you want to know about precious things being ripped from you, talk to parents that have had children die. It's just a bike.

Also, new bike time!!

If you want to know about precious things being ripped from you, talk to parents that have had children die. It's just a bike.

YMMV, but speaking from the experience of that I myself would still be upset if this happened to me.

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] has every right to be upset.

While technically true, saying "it could be worse" is just dismissive of the OP's issue.

It's just a bike. But the OP like many of us attach emotions to them.

It was in the news this year a teenager took his own life when debt collectors took his bike and he lost the ability to make money. Never underestimate the emotional value something can carry.

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] I've had 2 bikes nicked and it feels soul crushing when it happens. The first one I spent years saving up for and couldn't replace it as my insurance premiums rocketed so high. I lost a machine that enabled the biggest part of my social life, it was my only way to get to work and around in general, and I lived 200 miles from family.

It is depressing but if you keep at it, it all works out in the end. And the bike may yet still show up if the police are involved. A 125 is normally stolen by a chav and ragged around before being dumped. Get out and look for it is my suggestion, and target the council estates and parks. They have a habit of showing up around there.

I have no idea why you would post this? It is invalidating, redundant and irrelevant.

If you think someone’s sense of loss at property being lost taken is silly then just move on and don’t post.

What a ridiculous reaction , the lady's had her bike ripped off and she just wants to chat about it on a chat forum called The Motorbike Forum . She doesn't need any more grief .

Edited by fastbob

What a ridiculous reaction , the guy's had his bike ripped off and he just wants to chat about it on a chat forum called The Motorbike Forum . He doesn't need any more grief .

pssst its a gurl ....

:oops:

What a ridiculous reaction , the guy's had his bike ripped off and he just wants to chat about it on a chat forum called The Motorbike Forum . He doesn't need any more grief .

pssst its a gurl ....

oops , fixed that

So sorry to hear that.It's not just the loss , it's the feeling of powerlessness that really grinds away in your head . Try not to rush out and put yourself into debt. Why not buy a tatty fixer- upper ? You'll get a lot of help in the Projects section here especially if you post loads of pictures. That way you'll learn about mechanics and also get the satisfaction of knowing that you had a part in building your bike.

Really? Childishness much, you can't compare the loss of a bike to the loss of a child but it was my first bike, Im going to be upset

sorry to hear that . not nice to have something stolen like that. Was it stolen from your home or out and about? When you get a new one have a think about additional security as well maybe.

It was stolen from my boyfriends house just outside unfortunately

While technically true, saying "it could be worse" is just dismissive of the OP's issue.

It's just a bike. But the OP like many of us attach emotions to them.

It was in the news this year a teenager took his own life when debt collectors took his bike and he lost the ability to make money. Never underestimate the emotional value something can carry.

@emmajaneg I've had 2 bikes nicked and it feels soul crushing when it happens. The first one I spent years saving up for and couldn't replace it as my insurance premiums rocketed so high. I lost a machine that enabled the biggest part of my social life, it was my only way to get to work and around in general, and I lived 200 miles from family.

It is depressing but if you keep at it, it all works out in the end. And the bike may yet still show up if the police are involved. A 125 is normally stolen by a chav and ragged around before being dumped. Get out and look for it is my suggestion, and target the council estates and parks. They have a habit of showing up around there.

Yeah it hurt a lot and I, pretty sure it was just a bunch of chavs to be honest. I'm already looking at finance to get another bike

So sorry to hear that.It's not just the loss , it's the feeling of powerlessness that really grinds away in your head . Try not to rush out and put yourself into debt. Why not buy a tatty fixer- upper ? You'll get a lot of help in the Projects section here especially if you post loads of pictures. That way you'll learn about mechanics and also get the satisfaction of knowing that you had a part in building your bike.

That's a fantastic idea to be fair, I had just ordered a Haynes manual for my bike so I can sorta go from that