Bike Magazines

Tiggie

Does anyone on here still buy and read them at all? I used to buy tons of different mags (not just biking) but nowadays not as much. Only ones I pick up to read now and then are Ride and Classic motorcycle mechanics.

Rarely. You used to be able to go into a shop and they’d have a huge array of magazines, whatever you were in to there’d be a choice of publications on the topic and you could buy whichever cover took your fancy, bury your nose in it and avoid talking to anyone, then remember there’s rarely anything useful in them regret spending money on it but repeat the experience anyway :thumb:

Marks and spencer food hall near Weston-s-Mud sells the tiniest selection of magazines and newspapers so I was surprised to see the MCN paper promenantly placed. Unless they know something about a wealthy ageing biking demographic who like good food I can’t see it lasting long!

I still buy and enjoy a newspaper everynow n then, maybe once a week. The layout makes me enjoy it a lot more than looking at the headlines on the net, the stories flow from one to another better and they often go into a lot more detail on a story, its also useful for lighting the fire :D

They are useful for lighting the fire

And stuffing Rock climbing shoes with to prevent them smelling. Niche, but works for me.

I occasionally buy fast bikes or the mcn paper for train journeys because I get bored on the Internet after a few hours, which is impressive.

Used to buy loads but realised riding is better than reading about it ....saying that if streetfighters was still a monthly mag then I'd still be buying it,shame it went used to be some awesome bikes in it

Subscribed to Readly until this year (think recommendation came through this forum.) It had MCN and pretty much all the big bike mags. However, some disagreement with Bauer Media meant the majority disappeared so I've cancelled. A shame as for £7.99/month I'd easily have my money's worth, as would rest of family.

I used to have RIDE on subscription as it was free heated grips so I went with them for a year. Then just last week MCN. Run the same thing I buy it most weeks just to keep my nose in lol . So if got a years MCN coming and set of heated grips. Which work out in both cases free RIDE/MCN for a year or free grips . The grips are £80 to buy the mag /MCN is £85 a year . If ones buying MCN for a year it be £120 .. So I'm saving £35 that way .

I much prefer paper to online, nothing seems to sink into my brain if I read online, probably my age. But the last time I bought a magazine it had an ogri cartoon in the back? Who remembers that, what mag would that be??

As a kid I got every single edition of On Two Wheels, does anyone remember that? I had the binders and everything like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123592546643

Used to lust after the laverda jota..ah times were simpler then :lol:

Hi [mention]Beans[/mention] Ogri was in Bike Mag, and I just sold my set of On two Wheels complete in Folders, Had the MCN every week in the 70/80s and various others, last mag I brought every month was Grey Bike, only because I had 7 Grey imports, still wish I had some, but i now sell mags on Ebay, :D

Ogri moved over to Back Street Heroes after Bike so could of been there too. Might have to dig out my Ogri books, haven't read them in years. Has anyone seen the prices they go for on Ebay nowadays? its mad!! :shock:

It's just struck me that I haven't bought any magazines since I joined the Motorbike Forum . It's all here and it's interactive. Happy days 😊

Ogri moved over to Back Street Heroes after Bike so could of been there too. Might have to dig out my Ogri books, haven't read them in years. Has anyone seen the prices they go for on Ebay nowadays? its mad!! :shock:

I used to work at an Ogri T shirt stockists and I had a massive staff discount . I wish I'd stashed away a box or two .

Subscribed to Readly until this year (think recommendation came through this forum.) It had MCN and pretty much all the big bike mags. However, some disagreement with Bauer Media meant the majority disappeared so I've cancelled. A shame as for £7.99/month I'd easily have my money's worth, as would rest of family.

Yes very disappointing, I still get "Bike" magazine which is an Indian publication and quite good, think there is another one called motorcycle monthly. Kept the subscription going for our lass for her gossip mags :lol:

I noticed sometimes there would be a great offer in MCN whereby you would get a pair of jeans or something if you subscribed... Bugger all now :crybaby: