To hospital we go!

emmajaneg

Hello hope everyone is okay, I’m just having a lonely rant because I just utterly destroyed my motorbike...

Just had a head on collision with a trailer and was rushed to hospital with a huge slice in my knee, so no more riding for me for a little while!

Anyone else want to share their road accident stories?

Just out of interest, how do you have a head on collision with a trailer?

Ride straight into the back of it?

So, not head on then, the very nature of a trailer is it's behind something. However, let's hope she has a speedy recovery.

Oops not good. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

🎼Speedy, speedy, speedy🎼

Ok I’ll stop now... til tomorrow :lol:

Makes a change from biscuits. :seeya:

So glad you're generally ok, please don't let this put you off bikes . When the knee stops stinging this will make you a safer and ultimately a better rider. In the meantime, here's a picture of Bob being particularly fluffy to cheer you up .

WP_20190210_10_04_00_Pro.thumb.jpg.ad3b491583688115632755773918983e.jpg

Edited by fastbob

Oh no [mention]emmajaneg[/mention] I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you aren't too sore.

As something to read as you heal. I'm lucky that I haven't had anything bad on the motorbike yet. But on my bicycle once I caused a road closure on the Mendip Hills after hitting a wall at 30mph. I got a speed wobble going downhill and got thrown off the bike, meeting the road and then the wall.

It was embarrassing for four reasons:

1) the road closure. And later seeing my friend's post on Facebook about how they got caught up in a road closure there without realising it was me they were scraping off the road

2) my poor wife was in London and got a phone call from the mountain rescue chap that was called as a first responder to me, and had to rush home on the train worrying about me (at least she said she did)

3) my parents were at my cousin's birthday party and had to leave to come to A&E. That was embarrassing as I had lied to my cousin & uncle about why I couldn't go, when secretly I just wanted to go out on my bike. And rather than be honest... Well, they found out the real reason eventually eh

4) to get through A&E the ambulance had to drive right through the middle of the Bath Half Marathon which was on at the time

I've still got a facial scar from it and had a week off work as my face ballooned and it took me about four days before I could see out of both eyes again.

The absolute worst part was when I asked if my bike was ok, and everyone around me said "don't worry about the bike". So instantly I knew the bike wasn't ok :lol:

I did get it fixed up though and still own it.

Just out of interest, how do you have a head on collision with a trailer?

Ride straight into the back of it?

So, not head on then, the very nature of a trailer is it's behind something. However, let's hope she has a speedy recovery.

No idea I was just guessing

Oh dear @emmajaneg I do hope that you recover quickly and that this isn't the straw that breaks your riding interest. You seem to have had rather a bad time of it. Best wishes.

Thank you! Don’t worry I will be saving for a new bike ASAP, I can’t give up now! The paramedic and a witness were both bikers and they were both so lovely too!