Superbike factory reviews?

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

So I'm looking at buying a bike from the superbike factory in macclesfield, has anybody has any dealings with them in the past, if so what are your recommendations?

Guest Richzx6r

I wish they would stick to their own website instead of taking up page after page of Gumtree ! 🙄

Yeah they do seem to pop up everywhere, but like I say I'm planning on buying a busa from them and just wondering if they can be trusted or what have you, but feeling is they are decent but 2nd opinion is always worthwhile when 5 grand is at stake

Know 2lads who bought from them and had issues that weren't sorted don't get me wrong they didn't push it enough IMO and the very small warranty had ran out,I've looked there a few times and seen what look like some decent bikes and also seen some over priced sheds,reminds me of the old d&k set up as in you pay your money and take your chance,save some money and buy private

If your happy enough with rhe bike and it's history you probably need to treat it more like a private sale because once your away and they have your money they don't appear to have a great rep.

Go see them tell them what every one has told you see what they say.

Plus side is they are usually cheaper than most everyone else.

I've looked there but always got a better deal elsewhere. They basically source from wherever so it's like buying a car from a dealer who gets his stock from auctions, you're just handing over a mark up for something you could buy cheaper elsewhere.

Plus it means they're buying in stock other dealers have shifted on, and there's usually a good reason for them doing so.

They have some good ones, but you've got to do the legwork checking. The only reason to usually buy from a dealer is they've weeded out the duds and offer you a warranty. If the warranty is rubbish it's because they know their stock is of unknown provenance.

Never bought from there myself but been for a nosey and all the bikes are crammed in together, there was even an indicator hanging off one from where it had been hitting another bike. Also a fair few with other visible damage so I’d advise going having a good look before you think of parting with your money.

I've never bought there, but general consensus from reading other forums is it's pot luck - some bikes are fine, others can be full of trouble.

Sales team can be really in your face pushy, or ignore you completely.

Workshop checks on bikes seems non existent, except maybe counting how many wheels n handle bars on each bike.

Warranties are useless, they exclude more than they include.

Finance is expensive, that's where they make there money.

Px prices are awful, don't bother - sell privately and walk in with cash.

Book any testrides in advance, cos their bikes are crammed in tight.

As has been said already, treat it like a private sale, from someone who knows know thing about bikes cares about the same.

I think the expression is caveat emptor (?) Buyer Beware

The chap we bought my wife's Hornet from had been contacted by the local Superbike Factory within hours of his bike going on Autotrader. They said they'd offer him the list price but would arrange an appointment for an assessor to come and check the bike first. I can't help but think that that assessor would be like the webuyanycar people who turn up and then argue there's loads of reasons they can't now give you the full offer they'd made.

The chap we bought my wife's Hornet from had been contacted by the local Superbike Factory within hours of his bike going on Autotrader. They said they'd offer him the list price but would arrange an appointment for an assessor to come and check the bike first. I can't help but think that that assessor would be like the webuyanycar people who turn up and then argue there's loads of reasons they can't now give you the full offer they'd made.

I'd assume that's probably correct, I've phoned for an estimate for a trade in or their bike buying service. It's always ridicolously low.

Guest Richzx6r

I think I'll check the bike I'm after out and decide from there then, so far thought iv not been able to get a test ride from the shops iv been to yesterday.....that strikes me as strange like they are trying to hide stuff

Bought this off em , good bike good price and good service and they delivered it , can't comment on thier after sales cause I never had any problems with bike , got a good price for bike i part exed to .

image.thumb.jpeg.b543f60297871c4c6fcfe72f7d793d7f.jpeg

It's not an unreasonable ride/drive from me and have heard many horror stories from local bikers. Whole host of issues, if you have even the tiniest of issues it sounds like your met with some form of hostility. Some times they don't even bother to clean the thing up before presenting it on the shop floor so Im gonna assume it wont be going in the workshop at any point unless there are bits truly hanging off..

It's not an unreasonable ride/drive from me and have heard many horror stories from local bikers. Whole host of issues, if you have even the tiniest of issues it sounds like your met with some form of hostility. Some times they don't even bother to clean the thing up before presenting it on the shop floor so Im gonna assume it wont be going in the workshop at any point unless there are bits truly hanging off..

I should point out this is not my own opinion as I have never been, but have yet to hear a positive one from my peers blah blah blah.

Ive heard alot of horror stories about TSF, this was after i got my bike from there, i, it would seem, have been very lucky as i havent had any issues with mine and had it for 18 months

They are not inherently dishonest, they are just bike flippers, buy a bike and shift it quickly. They aren't disingenuous, but it's crowded in there and a lot of the bikes haven't even been cleaned up. They are cheaper to buy from than average, but it's buyer beware with them. They are very poor with trade in prices, I wouldn't bother myself tryi g to trade in there, but I'd have no issues buying from them, in the knowledge that its big boy rules.

Their philosophy is stack em deep, sell em cheap.

I bought my current bike for example, at a good price. Paid about 4k for it.

Superbike factory had one that looked exactly the same in the pictures, not much more mileage too, but it was £3400.

When I saw it in the flesh, I could just tell it had lived a hard life. No damage as such, but lots of little things that all said "i've not been serviced properly once".

So when you buy from there, if it's a cheap bike, make sure you have the skills to really go through it and tidy it up.

Guest Richzx6r

Superbike factory had one that looked exactly the same in the pictures, not much more mileage too, but it was £3400.

When I saw it in the flesh, I could just tell it had lived a hard life. No damage as such, but lots of little things that all said "i've not been serviced properly once".

So when you buy from there, if it's a cheap bike, make sure you have the skills to really go through it and tidy it up.

It's a 57 plate busa with just over 8000 miles on the clock and 4 owners and it's up for 5.3k it looks clean as in the pics

It's a 57 plate busa with just over 8000 miles on the clock and 4 owners and it's up for 5.3k it looks clean as in the pics

Just make sure it hasn't been clocked, I've heard of a few bikes going through there that have been.

Guest Richzx6r

Well im going to have a look at it on Sunday morning, its had 4 owners from new and just over 8000 miles so each has had it for 3 years, they said there are a few scratches here and there ut nothing to suggest its been down the road but I'll keep an open mind and if theres something that doesn't quite add up I'll be walking away

Just thought I'd see what Trustpilot had to say . Interesting reading , reviews seem to alternate between excellent and avoid at all costs . I suppose if you buy a bike and there are no issues at all then you probably can't be bothered to write a review so it's hard to judge . https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/superbikefactory.co.uk