Clean air zone.

fastbob

Hopefully I'm overreacting but what happens if I happen to live inside a clean air zone ? Surely I don't have to pay every time I start up my bike to go for a ride ? And what happens when I return home again ? How does this nonsense work and how is it policed ? A lot of questions I know , but does anyone here have first hand experience of these matters ? https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-congestion-charge-clean-air-16372736.amp

I believe that in London it’s £12.50 per day for vehicles that are not exempt.

The Motorcycle Action Group ( MAG ) successfully campaigned for ALL powered 2 wheelers to be exempt when it is introduced in Birmingham & are campaigning to get exemption in London for PTW’s over 12 years old, anything younger is already exempt.

I’ll be contacting MAG for a statement on what’s happening in Cov in due course and will post the response.

If you live inside then nothing will happen unless or until you leave and re-enter the zone, ride past a camera that reads your number plate and charges you. whatever they decide the charge will be for your bike.

MAG would be better served overturning the charge on Bikes in London. if they can manage to do that then there is the precedent and its highly likely all other regions would follow suit. But.. i doubt it will happen as MAG doesnt have the kind of clout they like to think they have. Authorities will simply turn round and say.. get these polluters off the road. get a more modern 'cleaner' vehicle and so.. avoid the charge.

I'll go and get some Velcro then . I live right on the edge of the proposed zone but thankfully I only ever go into town where I work on a pushbike .

The Motorcycle Action Group ( MAG ) successfully campaigned for ALL powered 2 wheelers to be exempt when it is introduced in Birmingham & are campaigning to get exemption in London for PTW’s over 12 years old, anything younger is already exempt.

I’ll be contacting MAG for a statement on what’s happening in Cov in due course and will post the response.

Cheers , do you live inside or outside the proposed zone ? I'm in Earlsdon so just inside .

It’s all a fooking money making con ...

As long as you pay it’s ok to pollute , what a load of bollox.

Waiting for the pic of a polar bear on a small bit of ice :roll:

Electric cars give me the creeps , especially when I'm right next to one and it suddenly moves off without a sound .

Cheers , do you live inside or outside the proposed zone ? I'm in Earlsdon so just inside .

I live in Tile Hill, so outside of the zone, however places I frequent eg Machine Mart, Halfords, Wickes, B&Q etc are all inside ☹️

Parking in the streets just outside of the zone will become horrendous.

Unlike London, there is no underground so Uber / taxi / bus operators will be rubbing their hands in glee.

The bus service is already sh*t - I’ve lived here 25 years and tried to catch the bus 7 times, and on only 2 occasions have I been successful due to breakdowns and buses being missed out.

Unlike London, there is no underground so Uber / taxi / bus operators will be rubbing their hands in glee.

The bus service is already sh*t - I’ve lived here 25 years and tried to catch the bus 7 times, and on only 2 occasions have I been successful due to breakdowns and buses being missed out.

Maybe they should turn the rest of the Memorial Park into one giant Park and Ride .

Maybe they should turn the rest of the Memorial Park into one giant Park and Ride .

I’d suggest Hearsall Common, stop the Pikeys camping on it.

Noticed that the JLR site at Whitley is ‘conveniently’ just out side.

Yup - you'll never convince me that these bast*rds didn't have something to do with it. Very suspect, if you ask me...

IMG_1682.thumb.JPG.cda9e37e3dc9da50ffbd3af855626fbf.JPG

Next thing the council will be bleating about fewer shoppers and visitors to the city centre.

We go to Ikea probably every 6 weeks or so, a CAZ charge would stop that if its too much £ and would go to B'ham or MK instead.

Same goes for Hobbycraft and Machine mart, we would go elsewhere.

Surely it would just move traffic to the outskirts and cause more congestion and pollution there instead while the city centre roads are deserted.

Except for me blasting around on the 380 :thumb:

They do a similar thing in Paris, you have to apply for a sticker, the colour of the sticker you get is based on emissions for your vehicle and must be fixed to your front fork, the sticker denotes what times of the day you can enter the city, its monitored by cameras and number plate recognition, my mate got caught out and ended up with a fine, just another way of screwing hard earned out of people.

Yup - you'll never convince me that these bast*rds didn't have something to do with it. Very suspect, if you ask me...

IMG_1682.JPG

That looks mint .

Ha ha , when I got my Harley I also got the original silencers that have catalytic converters in them . So do they actually test for emissions or do they just go by what the vehicle spec states ? Either way I'm hopefully on a winner .

My daughter lives just inside the London ULEZ and will have to sell her car. As I understand it you are charged for every day the vehicle is in the zone. Even if it is parked all day. The charge is to enter the zone. We have just escaped in Southampton, the council gave up when they saw the resistance. Southampton council has a very small majority.

Ha ha , when I got my Harley I also got the original silencers that have catalytic converters in them . So do they actually test for emissions or do they just go by what the vehicle spec states ? Either way I'm hopefully on a winner .

It goes on the registered details when new

Sounds good to me , especially if it was designed to meet US emissions regs . I believe that standard Harley's run lean as well . So, I just don't mention the re jetting , the Thunderslide ( stop laughing ) the K&N and of course the Vance and Hines Long Shots with the louder baffles . I think I'll hang on to the original silencers though.

Sounds good to me , especially if it was designed to meet US emissions regs . I believe that standard Harley's run lean as well . So, I just don't mention the re jetting , the Thunderslide ( stop laughing ) the K&N and of course the Vance and Hines Long Shots with the louder baffles . I think I'll hang on to the original silencers though.

Thunderslide is that the follow up to thunderstruck by acdc?

😁