First trip and it's pi$$ing down

EX GASMAN

I went to the gym on the bike today, forecast was OK so when Mrs. EX asked if I wanted my waterproofs, I said no it's only a short trip. So I came out of the gym and there was a slight drizzle. As soon as I'm on the bike the sky opened and I was soaked. Still had the biggest smile all the way home. I've not had a bike for 7 years and it's so good to be back on 2 wheels. :D :D :D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the gym on the bike today, forecast was OK so when Mrs. EX asked if I wanted my waterproofs, I said no it's only a short trip. So I came out of the gym and there was a slight drizzle. As soon as I'm on the bike the sky opened and I was soaked. Still had the biggest smile all the way home. I've not had a bike for 7 years and it's so good to be back on 2 wheels. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Haha I actually like riding in the rain, something about it.

Guest Richzx6r

Now I have waterproofs I won't be so bothered, but yeah I do like riding in the rain especially when its absolutely tanking down, the sound on my lid is very calming

Guest Richzx6r

Tbh I like riding in the rain as I think it makes you a better rider and also allows you to get to know your all your bikes different foibles better :tumble:

The same sort of thing happened to me. I picked up my new bike, and apart from a 'Back to Biking' course, I'd not ridden for over 20 years, and the rain was teeming down.

It wasn't what I'd imagined. I'd had visions of a sunny day and a gentle ride down pleasant country lanes.

What I got was mild panic at the thought of new tyres on wet roads and a skill level far removed from years ago.

That was a few weeks ago, and the weather, until recently, hasn't been great. My clothing has kept me dry, ACF50 has been applied to my new baby, but the real frustration now summer has arrived is I can't ride my bike because it needs it's 600 mile service, and that's 10 days away!