Near Miss

manxie49

Perfect end to this week for me!! Approaching this bend this afternoon, Begoade Road, back road from Creg Ny Ba, on my way home, when I was confronted by a German bike, rider and pillion on the wrong side of the road, there was probably only a few inches in it, very nearly a head on and far to close for comfort, just to end the week of nicely!! I think I S--t myself.

[attachment=0]Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 14.33.05.png[/attachment]

Had he run wide or just forgot which side he should be on ?

From the look of the way he was positioned he appeared to have forgot which side of the road he was supposed to be on, just goes to show, never take any road for granted at this time of year on this island, we were both probably doing no more than 30 or 40 MPH, still would have been a terminal impact of 60 to 80, its certainly gonna hurt....

Guest Richzx6r

Sounds like a bit of a brown trouser moment, just good it didn't end badly.....another chalk mark on the wall of experience

Sounds like a bit of a brown trouser moment, just good it didn't end badly.....another chalk mark on the wall of experience

It just shows how quickly things can go wrong over here through no fault of your own, I glad both me and him were switched on enough to do the right thing at the right time, not sure if it was skill, instinct or just blind luck

Guest Richzx6r

It just shows how quickly things can go wrong over here through no fault of your own, I glad both me and him were switched on enough to do the right thing at the right time, not sure if it was skill, instinct or just blind luck

A bit of everything I'd say