Restrictions on modified bike

Quackerzakieee

Hi all wondering if anyone can help i have got a a2 licence and got a new bike kawasaki er5 i need a mot and restriction put on it i called my local garage to book all in and they said it might not be eligible for a restriction due to it been modified (from all i know its just a body wrap end can and bars) just wondering if modifications do effect having a restrictor put on a bike as no restriction means i got a bike i cant use.

Any advice appriciated

Cheers.

Hi all wondering if anyome can help i have got a a2 liacence and got a new bike kawasaki er5 i need a mot and restriction put on it i called my local garage to book all in and they said it might not be eligible for a restriction due to it been modified (from all i know its just a body wrap end can and bars) just wondering if modifications do effect having a restrictor put on a bike as no restriction means i got a bike i cant use.

Any advice appriciated

Cheers.

I can see where they are coming from . It's the end can that's the problem. There are actually two ways that ER5's can be restricted. The most common way is washers in the carb manifolds but the less common way is plastic rings glued into the carb tops . My ER had the latter method and the certificate described it as a Slide Height Restrictor . The problem is that the garage can't sign the certificate if the effects of the end can are an unknown quantity. Any standard systems on eBay ?

Yeah thats my problem i have looked everywhere for a stock exaust incase that is the problem and there is nothing anywhere so dont know what im going to do should have looked into it more i just thought as long as its in the hp range it can be restricted

Ok , if you live anywhere near Haslemere there's one on eBay for £65 ono , collection only which is very cheap . By the way , ER5 exhaust systems are all one piece so you can't just buy a standard can and slip it onto your existing down pipes .

Yeah thats my problem i have looked everywhere for a stock exaust incase that is the problem and there is nothing anywhere so dont know what im going to do should have looked into it more i just thought as long as its in the hp range it can be restricted

One on eBay for £65 , link to follow.

Ok cheers for looking for me im over norwich way so doubt ill be able to collect one

Sorry can't do the link but here's a screenshot . There are others but none this cheap . Contact seller and offer a bit over the odds to persuade them to post .

Screenshot_20190612-225949.thumb.png.c23aedacda69a6e26954253840c9c973.png

Yeah just found that one cheers for that ill messege him n see but doubt it

Mate , anything is negotiable . I got an eBay seller to keep my Harley for five weeks while I raised the money based entirely on trust . Be chatty in your approach , tell them of your problem , attach pictures , crack a joke . It all helps .

Hi a lot of sellers put collect only due to size of the item NOT that they wont post.. so as said be nice and ask I had one Ebay seller 2 weeks ago not only posted the item PAID the postage . And would. Ot take any money for postage as I paid the full price and was str8 with him . Only thing is they say no so no harm in asking..

I got a cb750 and its has a restricted cards thing . Iv been told it's the washers on the carb type .. ( didnt know there was different types tho). When I get my carbs cleaned I'm having them removed ..

:offtopic: .. does the restricted carbs save petrol or no different.. as if they save gas then I'll leave them in lol ..

My cb500 was restricted via steel washers in the inlet manifold, and all they did was restrict airflow to the carbs, so effectively strangled the engine.

If I'm correct, the ones fitted to the carbs prevent full throttle activation, so therefore you will not burn as much fuel as someone that rides full throttle everywhere, and being a 750 it can easily break the NSL, so you also get to keep your licence :thumb: