Buyers Remorse!

Ryan94b

Has anyone experienced this before? I’ve just purchased my first big bike and don’t feel the joy I was expecting.

I’m waiting for delivery of a bone stock 2012 GSX-R 600.

I think I’m feeling like this as deep down I know it’s not the bike I wanted, and it’s a little bit more than I wanted to spend.

No aftermarket exhaust, wrong colour, no crash bungs, not keen on the newer shaped headlight.

The only reason I bought it was they give me a good deal as they dropped the original 2010 I bought!

Should I ring up and cancel it/change the bike? I feel like I might regret it if I don’t..

Things like exhaust and crash bungs can be added at your leisure if you so wish and add things to make it your own. Saying that, if you really dont like the bike, then you may be better off ringing the dealer and having a chat. They may have something else that catches your eye and be happier with.

Cancel it mate, once you’ve paid for it that’s it , it’s your if you like it or not . Go speak to dealer see what else he’s got there .

On the other hand it's not unusual for people to have second thoughts about big decisions and then once you get on with life things sort themselves out.

But if you're really not happy with your decision speak to the dealer asap as once the paperwork is done he can't undo it so the bike has been bought and sold.

Cancel it while you can.

If it doesn't feel right, don't let the salesman convince you to go through with it. They'll only say what's in their interest, not yours.

The worst thing you can do is let the feeling of being obliged to go through with it let you walk into a bad decision!

Can't see why you wouldn't like it , unless it more because your spending more than you wanted ...

all it needs in my opinion is a tail tidy and an exhaust .

image.thumb.jpeg.58c8baaf07962ec5936491cd842f9079.jpeg

This sounds like most marriages!!

Get out while you can

Obviously your wife don't read your posts, or your using most as the obviously not your marriage card.

Every likelihood that once you ride it your doubts will evaporate, unlike most marriages 😁

Get out while you can

Obviously your wife don't read your posts, or your using most as the obviously not your marriage card.

Every likelihood that once you ride it your doubts will evaporate, unlike most marriages 😁

She can read anything she likes I have nothing to fear :wink:

All of which begs the question , what wouldn't you have buyers remorse about ? In other words what bike do you like that's within your budget ?

Get out while you can

Stu's wife .... " Stu Darling , can I borrow your laptop"

Stu....

image.png.a2a4bedd44613c3149cdc4aacbda6d94.png

Stu's wife .... " Stu Darling , can I borrow your laptop"

Stu....

That's only because of the photos you keep sending!!

Can't see why you wouldn't like it , unless it more because your spending more than you wanted ...

That’s the model I wanted, 2010 ish. The one they sold me was the newershape with the big bulbous headlight.

Edited by Ryan94b

Ended up changing dealer, and changing bike completely. I think you’ll agree she’s quite the looker. Very happy with the bike and the price!

http://i64.tinypic.com/105qv4j.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Ended up changing dealer, and changing bike completely. I think you’ll agree she’s quite the looker. Very happy with the bike and the price!

Only bit on that one that doesn't float my boat is the nose fairing it just doesn't fit the rest of the styling in my eyes but each to they're own :thumb:

That's a 2007 no?

I love a kwaka I'm have a zx6r too, fantastic bikes. Good decision.

I love a kwaka I'm have a zx6r too, fantastic bikes. Good decision.

Cheers mate!

There should be a statutory cooling off period on all major purchases and proposals of marriage.

Sale of goods act and annulment make short work of both those things if you can prove you were pressured :thumb:

Stunning machine! Congrats on the purchase! :cheers:

When I got mine I was in two minds as well until I'd ridden it a fair bit. Every time I went into the garage to look at it I couldn't quite shake the feeling that I'd just been suckered by the aesthetics and that it wasn't practical in the long-term. It also had a tendency to make a strange whining noise when you rode it hard - especially two-up - which was a bit off-putting.

My motorbike on the other hand, I was perfectly happy with from day one.