Harley riders make me laugh so much

newbiker90

Saw about 8 Harley riders today in total and I nodded at all of them, 5 totally ignored me, 1 nodded back and two literally shook their head in disapprovement which was sooooooooo funny I was actually laughing inside my crash helmet. I just nod at allllllllllllllll of them for the hell of it now its hilarious, guess they really hate people on adventure bikes :D .

I nod to anyone, i have noticed riders of all types of bikes, that don't nod back, so it is unfair just to name HD riders :cheers:

Never has a rider of different type of bike actually shook their head at me though lol

HD riders do seem to be amongst the most ignorant. It can depend on where you are though, when riding snakes pass for example, you see that many bikers that it becomes a chore to keep nodding :lol:

They might have done the side to side nod, not all nods, are the usual up and down :thumb:

I did a side tilt they did a full head shake, I know what I saw haha, I am not mad it actually made me laugh that I even forgot how hot I was

Saw about 8 Harley riders today in total and I nodded at all of them, 5 totally ignored me, 1 nodded back and two literally shook their head in disapprovement which was sooooooooo funny I was actually laughing inside my crash helmet. I just nod at allllllllllllllll of them for the hell of it now its hilarious, guess they really hate people on adventure bikes :D .

They probably just thought you were a dick. :lol:

They probably just thought you were a dick. :lol:

I am, but how would they know ;)

I find that most adventure bike and HD riders are the most likely not to nod /wave or whatever and even less so if I'm on the scooter but not entirely unexpected TBH.

Sportsbike riders appear to be most likely to nod irrespective of what I'm riding.

Nothing worse than a gaggle of stock brokers, chartered surveyors, estate agents and university lecturers all dressed up as faux rebels without a pause riding under performing £25,000 modern antiques and attempting to look hard while being bombarded by flies and the occasional explosive bug. You would be miserable too in those circumstances

Nothing worse than a gaggle of stock brokers, chartered surveyors, estate agents and university lecturers all dressed up as faux rebels without a pause riding under performing £25,000 modern antiques and attempting to look hard while being bombarded by flies and the occasional explosive bug. You would be miserable too in those circumstances

The only miserable dick I witnessed was a guy with his other half riding a varadero who fell over sideways onto one of those expensive new antique Indians,he certainly was miserable, luckily the accountants quickly worked out how much it was going to cost him and the chartered surveyors and estate agents picked his bike and other half up.

Interesting to see different people's takes on who waves / who doesn't.

For my two penneth, I think it's partly a geographical thing.

When I lived in Kent most people waved, nodded or leg dangled - a European habit I believe, with the exception of Harley riders and power rangers - you know, 1000 cc sports bikes, nearly new and cleaner than an operating theatre with matching top of the range one-piece leathers and latest MotoGP replica lid.

I'm in the Midlands now - so far, just about everyone seems to nod, even the scooter boys. TBH there aren't many cruisers/choppers around my way so my opinion may need some revisions in future.

Never had anyone shake their head but have had a few who don't bother to nod .... We are all part of the biggest club in the world being motorcyclists but Harley riders seem to be a club within a club, I used to work with someone who rode a Harley, every time anyone got a new bike he would never say it was nice and never got into discussion about it, he would just say "its OK but its not a Harley" each to their own I suppose

Never had anyone shake their head but have had a few who don't bother to nod .... We are all part of the biggest club in the world being motorcyclists but Harley riders seem to be a club within a club, I used to work with someone who rode a Harley, every time anyone got a new bike he would never say it was nice and never got into discussion about it, he would just say "its OK but its not a Harley" each to their own I suppose

Brand snobbery, i suppose many years ago, it was a big deal to own a HD, but nowaday's not so much, as they're now made in China :lol: :cheers:

Yeah it's not a Harley because I DIDNT WANT A HARLEY :D

I dont know about nodding to grumpy but on Friday I had to pick my daugher up from work so I went on the bike and on the way i spotted a few riders most nodded but then one I was going to add one guy but I dont know if it was or not anyway this rider was coming towards me and was waving like a small child having his 1st new toy . I just nodded and had a laugh thinking I think that is a new biker out for the 1st time and it's his/hers 1st nod to them lol .

Do you or we nod and motorbike cops ????????

I ride a Ducati and if nodded to I nod back. A while back I passed a HD club outing and by the time I'd passed about 50 bikes my head felt it was about ready to drop off. I find even BMW GS riders occasionally nod back. The only time I don't return a nod is if I'm rattling along and concentrating on my ride, then I might not even notice.

I've got no problem with the weekend warrior brigade, the majority of them are really good people. They are at the end of the day ...bikers.

When I had a Harley the rule was if the foot rests weren't scraped down at the edge you're not a proper biker.

The posh lot were normally virgin :D