First impressions after collection.

Ryan94b

Sooooo I’ve been to Bradford (1.5 hour drive away) today and collected my 2009 ZX6R.

All I can say is wow, I couldn’t stop laughing for about 5 minutes after I pulled away from the dealership. As this is my first big bike I don’t really have anything else to compare it with..but my lord it feels perfect.

The seating position is aggressive - but not uncomfortable

The power above 8k is mind boggling - but not unmanageable.

The breaks need a little getting used too as they’re strong as hell, every time I grab a little bit it feels like the blood is getting pushed to the front of my head.

The bike is clean, has a full pipewerx system with decat (sounds gorgeous) and is just a generally awesome bike.

At the present time I’m not sure why anyone would want anymore power than that... maybe ask me again in a couple of years.

:D

The day I picked up my Honda CB600FB a week after passing my DAS was amazing. After 8 months commuting on a YBR125 the Hornet felt like a rocket ship. The transition to first big bike is massive. When you think about it a 600cc generally has around 10 times more power than a 125. It took me a good while to get used to the power and also how best to make use of revs and gear changes.

Enjoy the new bike!

We never grow up do we :D

When I was a kid I was always told - when you grow up then you can do whatever you want.

They lied, those bast*rds!

I used to get told off for playing in the mud as a kid, when i started work i got paid for doing it :lol: :cheers:

We never grow up do we :D

When I was a kid I was always told - when you grow up then you can do whatever you want.

They lied, those bast*rds!

I used to get told off for playing in the mud as a kid, when i started work i got paid for doing it :lol: :cheers:

I complained about that exact same thing to my mam when I started working lol

Good luck with the new bike, ride safe

Lovely mate, I recently got a slightly newer one, I've had big bikes before but a 600 never fails to impress... They rev to the heavens and you don't need anymore on the road.

Just take it easy in first as they will spin the back wheel and power wheelie. Remember you likely going to traveling alot faster towards the bends so brake nice and early till you used to it.

How nice do they handle tho right... And yes the brakes are incredibly sharp, be careful not to panic brake mid corner, use the rear if it a must :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

If I ever own a Kawasaki it’ll only be in green, I don’t know why anyone would choose any other colour.

Red and black is the fasted colour.... :thumb: 8-)

If I ever own a Kawasaki it’ll only be in green, I don’t know why anyone would choose any other colour.

Red and black is the fasted colour.... :thumb: 8-)

True, and I still miss mine.

4C6F9907-B4B8-405B-B1DC-9AF9DD15B52A.thumb.jpeg.711db13ffb17992d1fc7cf0723273635.jpeg

26A18C80-0593-4F87-AD2B-5FA6615E855F.thumb.jpeg.2a50dbc9bfea8f58495dba857b27d742.jpeg

CAB3A1E7-DCC5-4230-BF61-6E82B65879A7.thumb.jpeg.04d04a1bb941018dd388035cd91bef27.jpeg