buying remote - usual process for payment - also recommended delivery firms?

mas101

Hi all,

I've just agreed to buy an f800st from the other side of the country. Bit of a punt, but hey... :)

How do people usually work payment /collection? Do you do bank xfr once the collection driver has seen the bike?

Recommendations for bike delivery from hemel hempstead to harrogate?

I would suggest the safest bet would be for you to go and inspect the bike before you purchase it. When I brought mine from a private seller, I went with my brother who inspected/tested the bike and then checked all the documents before I parted with my cash.

Personally I won't want to have the bike delivered without first seeing it yourself. In an ideal world, bringing your mechanic along to thoroughly test the bike before purchase would give you the best odds that the bike is good to go but then unless you know your mechanic well or they're your mate, it's going to be rare for that! :lol:

I've bottled out :(

Fortunatly the guy seems understanding.

I wasn't totally happy buying unseen and I suspect it will need a fair bit spending on it. Spent half an hour worrying and bottled.

What I did was go to see the bike just to hear it start and run . I had already got the seller to send me loads of HD photos of every inch of the bike so condition was not an issue . We then both went to a branch of my bank . All you do is tell the cashier that you want to give this chap £ 4200 ( in my case ) hand over your card , then the seller hands over their card , a few clicks of a mouse , receipts printed and that's it . A cup of tea and a handshake and off you go .

I've bottled out :(

Fortunatly the guy seems understanding.

I wasn't totally happy buying unseen and I suspect it will need a fair bit spending on it. Spent half an hour worrying and bottled.

I won't say there is anything wrong with that, end of the day, I think you did the right call. I'm sure everyone here will agree that before you buy your bike, it is best to at least see, hear and sit on it in person. :thumb: