Motorbike insurance for 16 year old

Uzi

As a 16-year-old, I am looking for a bike. I was thinking of buying a 125cc so that it can be restricted to a 50 for now and then unrestrict it when I'm 17. However, the problem is almost every insurance quote doesn't allow me to put in a 125 or if they do, the price is stupid high like 4000 pounds a year. Can someone help me and tell me a way in which I can lower the insurance or do I have to buy a 50? The websites that do allow me to insure the 125 are very high, and when I add in a modification of the restrictor, the insurance goes even higher.

Thanks

I didn't realise that, thanks. Any recommendations for used bikes for a 16 year old? I dont really want something like an aerox but more of something like the generic trigger or rieju rs2

I admire your enthusiasm but you may well be best advised to save your money until you are 18 and get a really good 125.

Yeah I was thinking of waiting but I have about 10 months till I'm 17 and I need a way of getting to college and getting a bike seems the best way. Plus i can have a bit of fun

I've seen a few gilera's and they are quite nice and cheap. When it comes to triggers are they reliable? Also should I be going for comprehensive insurance or tp? It cuts about 200 off.

Many thanks

Alright thanks for the help everyone. I was just unsure whether to buy a generic with 13000km on it as its a chinese brand, so i dont know the reliability

Alright thanks for the help everyone. I was just unsure whether to buy a generic with 13000km on it as its a chinese brand, so i dont know the reliability

I would stay clear from any Chinese brand bikes. I've heard bad things about the reliability on them.

Hi, for a first bike at 16, I would get a moped just because the 50cc geared bikes are not too great, however I have actually got a generic trigger an 50 2014 plate an it’s runs and rides lovely, very smooth everyone cusses these Chinese bikes off but it all depends on how you maintain them , if you look after your bike your bike will look after you, the trigger sm has a comfortable sitting position isn’t too slow when de restricted, you’ll be lucky to get over 40 mph with standard sprockets, I got a 13t on front and 55t on rear, an it’s keeping up with traffic at 40mph cruising it’s rather cheap insurance too