Scooter wins Gibralter rally. Shock

Gerontious

Beating a KTM 950 Super Enduro, KTM 790 Adventure R, KTM 690 Enduro, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 660 Rally, Husqvarna 701 Enduro, and BMW F 800 GS Adventure.

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/1254322-honda-x-advmaxi-scooter-won-the-2019-gibraltar-rally.html?fbclid=IwAR1Vo1c5Ty4rwQD8-SfhpJZkItHusVPXR2kL4h8GDuTYqk3MnNYNdSzSWZc

I do even now, have a small amount of regret that I didn't buy one. (Sigh)

A scooter, hardly .... , a 750 cc Frankenstien .

I agree , that's a small wheeled motorcycle. That is not to detract from the achievement though .

I agree , that's a small wheeled motorcycle. That is not to detract from the achievement though .

It was designed to be an off road scooter it's still using standard chassis and engine, I'm sure some of the mods or a special will be available from Honda following its success

I thought it was a scooter from reading the post name but @Six30 is right, that looks like a proper bike without gears!

It has Six gears.

I thought it was a scooter from reading the post name but @Six30 is right, that looks like a proper bike without gears!

It has Six gears.

Oh! I has gears, I thought it was like a traditional scooter where it was just twist and go. I stand corrected! Thanks for letting me know [mention]Gerontious[/mention]

It has Six gears.

Oh! I has gears, I thought it was like a traditional scooter where it was just twist and go. I stand corrected! Thanks for letting me know @Gerontious

Of course it has gears. It's a DCT. They usually do.

Not a scooter in my book .

Write a sternly worded email to the authors at motoridersuniverse.com and to practically every other review site as they all use the word. The only place that does not is the Honda uk site. Though the global site can't resist using it just once.

I don't see what the fuss is about. I would call it a scooter to all those who say it isn't. And a motorbike to all those who say it isn't one of those either. It's both. It's neither. Who cares. They're just words. It looks a right laugh and if it's managed to upset KTM and BMW then that's an instant plus point.

Not a scooter in my book .

Write a sternly worded email to the authors at motoridersuniverse.com and to practically every other review site as they all use the word. The only place that does not is the Honda uk site. Though the global site can't resist using it just once.

I don't see what the fuss is about. I would call it a scooter to all those who say it isn't. And a motorbike to all those who say it isn't one of those either. It's both. It's neither. Who cares. They're just words. It looks a right laugh and if it's managed to upset KTM and BMW then that's an instant plus point.

No I won't .

I oddly love this! :lol:

I totally understand this quote though. It's pretty much what I say when folk ask me why I still ride my Grom.

"What most represents my feelings aboard this incredible vehicle is the word “funny”.– said Zocchi.

Scooter.

2100920x1024x0_FFFFFF_E.jpg

Not a Scooter.

x-adv-adventure-p58253-62628_zoom.jpg

I would say it's a scooter as the foot position is the same as what a scooter is like, there is no rear back break pedal from looking at that photo however I may not be seeing it? *awaiting further input*

both front and rear brakes are hand operated.. there are no foot controls at all.

The rear brake is what would normally be the clutch lever.. and gear changes are either automated or by use of an up and down paddle/button on the left bar.

Thanks! @Gerontious

So essentially the same as a scooter but with additional buttons to go up and down gears.

almost.. it has a traditional gearbox. with 2 clutches. 1 controls the even gears, the other the odd gears. changes are made with zero loss of power. click click click. When the bike is in 1st gear... its also already in 2nd and waiting. like a Porsche 911 Carrera. the image shows the down paddle. the up paddle is out of sight.

c4.jpg.44a64c393868ff4935c93488a1d6fae2.jpg

My Africa twin has a DCT transmission.. its an absolute hoot.

difficult to see.. but no gear foot pedal.

Ym1T0a3h.png

Thanks! @Gerontious

So essentially the same as a scooter but with additional buttons to go up and down gears.

almost.. it has a traditional gearbox. with 2 clutches. 1 controls the even gears, the other the odd gears. changes are made with zero loss of power. click click click. When the bike is in 1st gear... its also already in 2nd and waiting. like a Porsche 911 Carrera. the image shows the down paddle. the up paddle is out of sight.

c4.jpg

My Africa twin has a DCT transmission.. its an absolute hoot.

difficult to see.. but no gear foot pedal.

Ym1T0a3h.png

Learning something new every day on this forum. I would love to try that out when my skills improve (and when I have a full license). 8-)