Bobber light legality

Mr Tuscan

Currently working on a bobber refit and have added some integrated brake / indicator rear lights.

It was mentioned to by in a passing comment that some mot garages may not pass them as they are frowned upon?

Any one got any more info on this.

Btw these were sold with ECE compliance, I live in the UK

Lights are Kellermann 3 in 1 1000df

Tia

I frown upon them because they are bloody hard to interpret and that goes for some of the weird combinations that have been appearing on production cars recently too. Back to bikes , how can you cram indicators and a headlight into a seven inch shell and expect another motorist to figure out what's going on ? Forget legality and concentrate on survival .

This is my situation I was talking about rear lights

A6471E18-7EA5-4261-B750-391B0CE41453.jpeg

Same applies , what signal am I looking at here ? How am I supposed to see that you are indicating if you are braking at the same time ? Surely the bright red light is going to override the flashing amber ring . You just can't afford that fraction of a second for other motorists to process this information. At the end of the day it's up to you but personally I just wouldn't give the car drivers an excuse . And how are you going to describe these modifications to your insurance company ? It's all well and good if you don't have an accident but you can be sure that your insurer will inspect your bike with a view to not paying out if you do .

Edited by fastbob

As about indecators ( bit :offtopic: ) today bright sunshine loads cars I'm in the bloody car (got to do weeks shopping ggrrrrrr) coming down a slip road a new new shape VW beetle (mrs hates new and new new shape beetles she used to have the old shape the REAL beetle so this new shoe beetle in front me slows down then turns in front of me WTF wheres your indecators o there on they are about 4 inch across by 1 inch high WTF these are not custom or home made these are designed like this by VW .. next time you guys are out and you see the new new shapenVW beetle soft top (this one was should said ) look how small the indecators are ..

This is the car (not the one I nearly hit ) but the new 2018/9 look at the white slits that's the indecators

Exactly ! It seems like the rules ( if there were any ) have been thrown away on indicators .

I agree, an increasing number of cars have indicators either close to or incorporated into the tail/brake lights and you just can't see them.

I certainly wouldn't use anything like that on a bike. I followed a guy with a similar set up last week and his indicators were invisible in bright sunshine.

They do look cool, but they're useless.

Interesting and I hear you all.

I’m going to upload a video once I’ve worked out how.

these lights I’ve got as they are VERY bright with the intention of making you sure you CAN see them whatever the weather conditions.

I think I have to upload to You Tube first and link on here, I’m off to try bbs