Number 63 is in the house!

XTreme

Be interested to find out if they as comfy as they supposed to be.

Nice bike :thumb:

I've had both the 650 and 1000 in the past.......and yes they are!

They're bikes that are easy to ride......natural seating position, light controls, sweet engine and box.

The only thing which may be a struggle for some is the height unless they're used to tall bikes.

Just washed it.......in scorching temperatures!

I look like I've been in a swimming pool.

Polishing next......but I need a break first.

After all.....I am an OAP FFS!

vs5.thumb.jpg.aa6c27db089eaa255178a4c25276560e.jpg

Found out that we can't get the bike and the wife's car in the garage at the same time.

So the car's been evicted onto the street.

Loads of f**king space for cleaning now! :lol:

IMG_20190726_193536.thumb.jpg.c64f29f16efcdfa1e6f4d8526b6617b1.jpg

I've had two before......a 650 and a 1000......so I know them well.

Any questions fire away.

Well the fact you’ve bought the same bike again says more than you probably can put into words! Have you ever considered/owned a Versys?

Any questions fire away.

Well the fact you’ve bought the same bike again says more than you probably can put into words! Have you ever considered/owned a Versys?

No......never appealed to me.

I can never figure out what they're supposed to be......not quite an adventure bike, not quite a standard road bike.....sort of falls between the two really.

The Strom is pretty tried and tested......and there's people out there who've done astronomical mileages on them.

Check out AdvRider......lot of 100K+ milers there!

If I let my head choose the ideal bike for what I do then I would probably have something very like this . But I just can't do it so I let my heart rule instead .

If I let my head choose the ideal bike for what I do then I would probably have something very like this . But I just can't do it so I let my heart rule instead .

Precisely why I ended up with two bikes.

Looks good, my shopping list for my working bike was decent sized top box ( you got panniers as well!), a centre stand and a bit of a screen. Should do you to Christmas and beyond.

Precisely why I ended up with two bikes.

Looks good, my shopping list for my working bike was decent sized top box ( you got panniers as well!), a centre stand and a bit of a screen. Should do you to Christmas and beyond.

Unfortunately my wallet plays a part in the decision making process. ☹️ Having said that I've still got the ER5 which is a bit more utility .

Xmas is pushing it a bit! I'm 2 bikes behind my age so I need to raise my game a bit! :lol:

Good choice of bike :cheers:

As for height, I'm just under 5'8" and manage ok on mine.

Inside leg is the key factor........at 5'11" I've got a 34.5" inside leg......which is pretty long.

So I've never really had a problem flatfooting anything.......whereas mates of mine around 6'2" are tippytoed on the same bike.

Drawback is when I'm behind any taller screen I'm looking through it, rather than above it, because my body is short!

As a rough guide I'd say a 32" and above inside leg would be fine on a Strom.......unless you possess these insane skills!

">

Any questions fire away.

Just saw this on a Spanish V-Strom forum.

A guy with a 2009 650 just passed 300K kms / 186K miles.......no engine work ever done!

2rop3eb.jpg.d479e43bb20ceac7c3407bce60b63aae.jpg

Good choice of bike :cheers:

As for height, I'm just under 5'8" and manage ok on mine.

Inside leg is the key factor........at 5'11" I've got a 34.5" inside leg......which is pretty long.

So I've never really had a problem flatfooting anything.......whereas mates of mine around 6'2" are tippytoed on the same bike.

Drawback is when I'm behind any taller screen I'm looking through it, rather than above it, because my body is short!

As a rough guide I'd say a 32" and above inside leg would be fine on a Strom.......unless you possess these insane skills!

">

I'd agree with that rough guide. I'm 31 inside leg and although I manage fine I am constantly judging the camber of any stopping places which can potentially cause me problems.