Buying First Motorbike

Liam96

Hello Everyone.

Hope you’re all well.

I am looking to buy my first motorbike and would like some assistance from some people with some knowledge.

I am currently looking at a Honda cbr125 on eBay and I have my hearth set in this particular one.Please could you take a look at the link and tell me the pros and cons.

My only concern is it being 9 years old with such little mileage.

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers.

https://www.highbarnmotorcycles.co.uk/pages/used/used-bikes/2011-61-HONDA-CBR125R-125cc/5c96186324028dd30.htm?YEAR=2011&REGLETTER=61&MAKE=HONDA&MODEL=CBR125R&ENGINECC=125#.XT9kQyTTWEc

If you do get it make them put new tyres on. The tyres will look like new but will have lost grip due to age , there is no legal age limit so it won't get picked up on the mot but they are not safe at close to 10 years old.

If you do get it make them put new tyres on. The tyres will look like new but will have lost grip due to age , there is no legal age limit so it won't get picked up on the mot but they are not safe at close to 10 years old.

Yes.. it should NOT have the original tyres on it.

Also.. as that price is rather high and I imagine based solely on its condition. I would expect it to have had at least some if not all 'annual' services done. with the book stamped accordingly.

A bike that does very low miles should be serviced every year.. the oil and filters replaced every 12 months. For all i know it might have only had its engine oil and filter changed twice. once at its first service and again when it was serviced by Highbarn for sale. Annual services are important for a bike that has hardly been used. similarly, it should not have its original battery and i would also be a little more confident if it had had the brakes serviced during this period. Unless its been kept in a vacuum bag then i would worry somewhat about cables and so on too.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to have been stored, covered in a garage for years.

It looks lovely.. but, realistically.. you can buy a brand new.. or almost new for not a lot more.

if you were to buy it and then pass your test a year or so down the line, its value will drop significantly. because regardless of its condition it will still, by then, be a 10 year old.

bear in mind.. you can buy a brand new CB125R for £81 per month on PCP. with a full warranty and all back-up. so zero worries.

Thanks all.

This bike has been left undercover in warehouse the owner didn’t like riding and gave up.

The only services and Mot have been done by the dealer themselves.

Some very good points made about this and I think I should steer clear especially for the long run.

Going down the finance route I haven’t considered but will certainly take a look.

That is also a much better choice of bike thank you.

Again thank you all you have open my eyes to some new factors to consider.